Find Tuition/Enrichment Centres

Club Breastfeeding Mums

Newbies report here first! And if you feel like you would like your own club, come and create one yourself too.

Re: Club Breastfeeding Mums

Postby Mary Tan Bee bee » Sat Apr 02, 2016 8:47 pm

I bf my #3 best descision though why does my nipples hurt sometimes

Mary Tan Bee bee
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Postby OmeOmine » Tue Apr 05, 2016 10:37 pm

Hi Breastfeeding Mums,
There are 2 upcoming breast pump market research sessions sometime in mid-April. There's slots available for the newer range of Pigeon Breast Pumps (Manual, Portable and Pro) users. Drop an email to sgfocusgp@gmail.com if you are interested. There'll be a $120 incentive at the end of the session to thank you for your time to share your feedback. Thank you!

OmeOmine
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Postby ilovelaksa » Wed Apr 06, 2016 7:46 am

Mary Tan Bee bee wrote:I bf my #3 best descision though why does my nipples hurt sometimes

The strong suction from your baby can cause the nipple to be a little sore. But the good news is your nipple area will toughen over time.
If your baby is teething, there is every possibility that they might playfully nick your nipple while bfg.
Babies are very clever they can be taught not to clamp their gums on your areola. If they start to bite, detach immediately and teach them firmly not to do so. They will get the msg.
Plse note baby cant nurse if he/she bites. Nursing is not biting the nipple. Bm must be drawn by gently massaging the areola with the tongue.
I find a very useful mtd to reduce soreness on the nipple is to direct the nipple upwards towards the roof of the baby's mouth and make sure the baby's mouth is wide open and taking in as much of the areola as possible. That way the baby cant bite yr nipple.
One point to note is that the baby will lose his/her grip when he/she gets sleepy towards the end of the feed. You must be alert to detach him/her immediately. Otherwise he will clamp yr nipple accidentally.
BM is very amazing anti-inflammatory properties
You can dab yr BM on yr nipple and air-dry them often. When my children were young, I used BM on mosquito bites and itchy patches.
Enjoy yr baby!

ilovelaksa
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Postby mumofboys2 » Sat May 28, 2016 9:00 pm

Hello mummies! I'm a mom of two boys aged 2 and 3 months and ebf! Nice to meet all of you.

mumofboys2
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Postby lgl » Mon Jun 13, 2016 8:18 am

Hello all! My girl's almost 4 months now and she's bf exclusively. Only problem is she doesn't take the bottle.

lgl
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Postby herrybraun » Wed Sep 21, 2016 5:02 pm

Breast feeding is really great and essential diet for every baby. I am a health care professional and recommend every mum to feed their child by breast for baby good health and nutrition.

Use Resources
Botox Leeds
Benefits of Breastfeeding

herrybraun
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Postby annie24 » Sat Sep 24, 2016 12:48 am

13 months and going on.

annie24
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Postby Excelmethod » Fri Dec 16, 2016 12:08 pm

I think more and more building are breastfeeding-friendly as they all have dedicate nursing room although facilities inside the room varies a lot from one to another. If you need, you can refer to Nursing room for all nursing rooms in Singapore.

Another thing we see is that new shopping centres or those undergoing renovation will include at least one nursing room

Excelmethod
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby bringus2sg » Tue Mar 21, 2017 7:14 pm

Hello everyone, before giving birth, a lot of irresponsible people drop me casual comments that breastfeeding can save a lot of money (they say this casually because they can't bf). I think its important for women to realize that a lot of time and effort is spent trying to maintain the supply (whether you have too much or too little supply). In my case, I have a decent level of supply but I have to go for regular massages and take Lecithin to clear the blocked ducts. I don't know if anyone feels the same but I hope that as time goes by, society will understand the different difficulties that all of us have to go through and the hard work we put in to continue breastfeeding (the flow doesn't just come like that as people believe). Hopefully, we will hear less of such comments, implying that we have it easier. We can bf because we made it happen, it didn't just happen.

bringus2sg
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Postby pumpkinfox » Sat Apr 08, 2017 6:23 pm

I breastfed my 2 children for roughly 3 months. MIL stopped, saying it's unhygienic :( Looking back, really made a huge mistake. Hope no one repeats my mistakes

pumpkinfox
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

PreviousNext

Return to Newbies & Clubs

Find Tuition/Enrichment Centres