Mummy jennifer.yong: Hi There

Newbies report here first! And if you feel like you would like your own club, come and create one yourself too.

Mummy jennifer.yong: Hi There

Postby jennifer.yong » Fri Oct 24, 2008 12:36 am

Hi everyone,
Am a mother of a 4yrs old girl. Been researching of P1 registration, PV, enrichment programs. Glad to found this website that registered similar issue in the same environment.

One thing puzzle me, is with all the enrichment courses that a child is taking; for example Chief has entered his children with Yamaha music & Chinese (plus english?) courses; how much time is putting in for home practise per week? :shock:

Appreciate your sharing. Thanks.

jennifer.yong
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Re: Hi There

Postby ChiefKiasu » Fri Oct 24, 2008 6:45 am

jennifer.yong wrote:...One thing puzzle me, is with all the enrichment courses that a child is taking; for example Chief has entered his children with Yamaha music & Chinese (plus english?) courses; how much time is putting in for home practise per week?...

Hi jennifer.yong, welcome to KiasuParents.com! Home practise is necessary for children to maximize the benefit of any enrichment programme they undergo, be it academic or non-academic. My son is no longer with Yamaha. He is undergoing private lessons at Award Music. Home practise is about 15mins per day. For Chinese courses, I normally go for those that do not require lots of homework, because it kills off the interest of the child. My son would normally finish his homework in class, except for the tingxie.

ChiefKiasu
Site Admin

Return to Newbies & Clubs