Newbie RVian85Mac Reporting

Newbies report here first! And if you feel like you would like your own club, come and create one yourself too.

Newbie RVian85Mac Reporting

Postby RVian85Mac » Fri Jul 23, 2010 10:56 pm

Hello fellow KS parents & moderators,

I had been following the threads with interest only recently and found that there were tons of useful information to relieve parents of the stress for P1 registration.
Sure it'll benefit future parents to plan earlier for their children.
Great Work!!!
: )

RVian85Mac
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Re: Newbie RVian85Mac Reporting

Postby Gecko » Fri Jul 23, 2010 10:58 pm

RVian85Mac wrote:Hello fellow KS parents & moderators,

I had been following the threads with interest only recently and found that there were tons of useful information to relieve parents of the stress for P1 registration.
Sure it'll benefit future parents to plan earlier for their children.
Great Work!!!
: )

Yes. Tons of interesting info that I wised I had known when I registered my DD in Pri 1 last years

:welcome:

Gecko
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby RVian85Mac » Fri Jul 23, 2010 11:14 pm

Yup. Me too. I wish I had come upon the site earlier.
Anyway, it's better late than never.

Nowadays, Singapore kids are really growing up in a very competitive environment...

RVian85Mac
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Welcome aboard

Postby janet88 » Fri Jul 23, 2010 11:19 pm

Welcome aboard :)
I believe you will be reading lots and lots after signing in.
Learnt a lot from this forum too, and even have better info to the different threads about P1 registration (for 2nd child) as well as sharing info with parents who have older children.

:celebrate: Cheers to you.

janet88
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby tankee » Fri Jul 23, 2010 11:27 pm

:welcome: to KSP

:celebrate:

tankee
Site Admin

Postby auntieM » Fri Jul 23, 2010 11:59 pm

Hello! :rahrah:

auntieM
Councillor
Councillor

Postby ChiefKiasu » Sat Jul 24, 2010 12:46 am

Hi, welcome and thank you for your kind support of KiasuParents.com! Actually, P1 registration is really one of the key periods whereby we get to recruit new parents into our midst too... so while our kids go to the schools of their desire, we parents get to go the KiasuParents.com's school for parents :)

For new parents with their first kid going into Primary school, enjoy the moment when you succeed getting your kid into the school you want. However, you will find out quickly that it is only the start of many more of your worries - getting our children through Primary school is many times harder than getting them into the schools. We have several experience parents who would congregate here to seek advice and help for their children during exam periods, especially during and after PSLE when the problem becomes one of selecting our children's Secondary/IP school.

There's really no better feeling than to be surrounded by like-minded friends who are in the same boat as ourselves!

ChiefKiasu
Site Admin

Postby RVian85Mac » Sat Jul 24, 2010 1:04 am

auntieM wrote:Hello! :rahrah:

Hello! : )

RVian85Mac
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Re: Welcome aboard

Postby RVian85Mac » Sat Jul 24, 2010 1:07 am

janet_lee88 wrote:Welcome aboard :)
I believe you will be reading lots and lots after signing in.
Learnt a lot from this forum too, and even have better info to the different threads about P1 registration (for 2nd child) as well as sharing info with parents who have older children.

:celebrate: Cheers to you.

Yes. Reading the forum is like becoming a daily affair for me now.
:p
It's really encouraging that most parents are sharing their experience with newbie like myself.

RVian85Mac
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Postby RVian85Mac » Sat Jul 24, 2010 1:11 am

ChiefKiasu wrote:Hi, welcome and thank you for your kind support of KiasuParents.com! Actually, P1 registration is really one of the key periods whereby we get to recruit new parents into our midst too... so while our kids go to the schools of their desire, we parents get to go the KiasuParents.com's school for parents :)

For new parents with their first kid going into Primary school, enjoy the moment when you succeed getting your kid into the school you want. However, you will find out quickly that it is only the start of many more of your worries - getting our children through Primary school is many times harder than getting them into the schools. We have several experience parents who would congregate here to seek advice and help for their children during exam periods, especially during and after PSLE when the problem becomes one of selecting our children's Secondary/IP school.

There's really no better feeling than to be surrounded by like-minded friends who are in the same boat as ourselves!

I concur with you on this statement "...quickly that it is only the start of many more of your worries - getting our children through Primary school is many times harder than getting them into the schools. "

As parents, we will worry about our children even after they get married - just like my mom.

Thank you for making this forum user friendly and mining a comprehensive database!

RVian85Mac
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Next

Return to Newbies & Clubs