Mummy VT: hello

Newbies report here first! And if you feel like you would like your own club, come and create one yourself too.

Mummy VT: hello

Postby VT » Sun Oct 26, 2008 4:18 pm

Hello...trying to find out about P1 - due to reg Jul 09....this is a very helpful sites...thanks..

VT
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

VT: hello

Postby VT » Sun Oct 26, 2008 4:31 pm

Hi...I am a working mom of two girls...Age 5 & 2+..Currently living in Woodlands and thinking to move to AMK, Bishan or Tao Payoh area by Jul 09...having headache now in choosing Pri sch for my daugther...whether to stay put in Woodlands neighborhood school or move to 1km near some good school in Bishan, AMK or Toa Payoh....I want a stressfree primary school for my kids, more importantly, the school is stressing on character molding...that provides a good environment for my girls to grow and learn and be happy...so far, i've been busy lookng for new home in that area that is 1km within a 'good' school that I am aiming at...that will be 2C since I am too late for any PV...If anyone has got any good suggestion, feel free to let me know....Many Thanks.... cheers..

VT
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby SMILEY » Tue Oct 28, 2008 12:50 pm

Hi VT,
If you are looking for good school, don't think it's going to be stressfree as well.
Btw, have consolidated some good schools in the areas.

Ang Mo Kio: ST Nicholas Girls' (which I think it's the most suitable for you), Anderson Primary

Bishan: Ai Tong Primary

Toa Payoh: Pei Chun Primary

SMILEY
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby VT » Tue Oct 28, 2008 9:02 pm

Hi Smiley,
Thanks for your reply...After some thoughts, I've decided to stay put in Woodlands for a while till the pricing of the HDB/ go down a little in one or 2 years then will move to that area. I'll go for Fuchun ( KSP rates this school for 3 stars leh, still not bad la) since that is the only better school that is within 1-2km from my home besides QiHua..chances of getting a seat is quite high..93% for 2C, 1-2km...

Then again, I heard that it will be poor thing for her to cope with new school and I may not be able to get into the school nearby even if I live within 1km, provided there is a vacancy in that school..

Ai Tong, St. Nic & Pei Chun are SAP schools & my daughters are 'jiak kang tang' one, afraid they can not catch up...though initially i was looking at that area of housing--- Ai Tong...

We'll see how..
Thanks...
VT

VT
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Return to Newbies & Clubs