Mummy 18shan: Supermommies...

Newbies report here first! And if you feel like you would like your own club, come and create one yourself too.

Mummy 18shan: Supermommies...

Postby 18shan » Tue Oct 28, 2008 12:39 am

Hello everybody,
I have been looking at this forum for sometime before I send my 1st post. I am so glad that I have found a group of parents who are willing to share.

:D I am mother of 2, my girl is 3.5yrs and my son is 20months. Currently I am a full time mum and I find great difficulties in juggling my time with my children. :roll: I really admire those parents who can work as they teach their children as the same time.

Being a parent is a journey and no matter how many children you have, how experience are you, or perhaps even new mommies..... is a ever learning process. We are always learning from one another. I hope to pick up new things and learn from others (parents) from this forum :D .

Have a great evening!

18shan
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Re: Supermommies...

Postby ChiefKiasu » Tue Oct 28, 2008 9:12 am

18shan wrote:...I am mother of 2, my girl is 3.5yrs and my son is 20months. Currently I am a full time mum and I find great difficulties in juggling my time with my children. :roll: I really admire those parents who can work as they teach their children as the same time. ...

Hi 18shan! Welcome to KiasuParents.com. We all have problems with carving out time for our children, but it really doesn't have to take up so much time. If we can regularly set aside 15 solid minutes per day with each of our children on teaching them something, be it phonics, Chinese or Math, or some learning points, this will go far in building good habits of mind for our children. For example, set aside a "learning hour", of 15min slots for each activities. If your child is old enough, let him/her propose the activities she wants during this time. Make it a point to sit with the child throughout this activity for the full 15mins. Depending on your time, you can then stop or move on to the next activity.

Remember, we have to discipline ourselves to stay the course, not just our children. When the children are old enough, this "learning hour" will also give ourselves the opportunity to learn new things - the whole family can be reading and learning together in the same environment at the same time. It has been said that it takes 21 consecutive days to make or break a habit :).

ChiefKiasu
Site Admin

Postby catgoh03 » Tue Oct 28, 2008 3:32 pm

I don't have a job, but I do have 4 children and 1 more coming next year. My two youngest kids are both boys and they play computer all day long, even during exams! headache...

catgoh03
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Return to Newbies & Clubs