Mummy angela: Hellooo

Newbies report here first! And if you feel like you would like your own club, come and create one yourself too.

Mummy angela: Hellooo

Postby angela » Sat Nov 01, 2008 4:31 pm

Hi,

I have been using this forum for quite sometime and find that this forum is very useful and it did help me a lot so today I decide to register.

angela
GreenBelt
GreenBelt
 
Posts: 188
Joined: Sat Nov 01, 2008 3:56 pm
Total Likes: 0


Re: Hellooo

Postby ChiefKiasu » Sun Nov 02, 2008 12:07 am

angela wrote:Hi,

I have been using this forum for quite sometime and find that this forum is very useful and it did help me a lot so today I decide to register.


Hi angela, we finally get to welcome you to KiasuParents.com! Care to share with us some details regarding your kids and their education?

ChiefKiasu
Site Admin
 
Posts: 15221
Joined: Mon Sep 03, 2007 9:16 am
Location: Singapore
Total Likes: 319


Re: Hellooo

Postby angela » Sun Nov 02, 2008 11:22 am

ChiefKiasu wrote:
angela wrote:Hi,

I have been using this forum for quite sometime and find that this forum is very useful and it did help me a lot so today I decide to register.


Hi angela, we finally get to welcome you to KiasuParents.com! Care to share with us some details regarding your kids and their education?


Hi ChiefKiasu,

Sure. Now I am having headache of which right brain school should I enrol for my girl. My friend's daughter has been with Shichida for 5 years and she is doing very well so my friend has recommended me to enrol Shichida but I heard that that school received many complaints. So I do not know what to do? :(

angela
GreenBelt
GreenBelt
 
Posts: 188
Joined: Sat Nov 01, 2008 3:56 pm
Total Likes: 0


Re: Hellooo

Postby ChiefKiasu » Sun Nov 02, 2008 3:39 pm

angela wrote:...Now I am having headache of which right brain school should I enrol for my girl...


How old is your girl? Shichida works best if the child starts under the age of one.

ChiefKiasu
Site Admin
 
Posts: 15221
Joined: Mon Sep 03, 2007 9:16 am
Location: Singapore
Total Likes: 319


Re: Hellooo

Postby angela » Sun Nov 02, 2008 11:16 pm

ChiefKiasu wrote:
angela wrote:...Now I am having headache of which right brain school should I enrol for my girl...


How old is your girl? Shichida works best if the child starts under the age of one.


Hi ChiefKiasu,

My girl is 6 months old and I am intending to enrol her with Shichida when she is one years old. Do not wish to stress her now or later my husband will say that I am very kiasu. :P

But heard that Shichida's management is not very good so wonder how about the teachers. Are they capable to teach?

angela
GreenBelt
GreenBelt
 
Posts: 188
Joined: Sat Nov 01, 2008 3:56 pm
Total Likes: 0



Re: Hellooo

Postby ChiefKiasu » Sun Nov 02, 2008 11:37 pm

angela wrote:...But heard that Shichida's management is not very good so wonder how about the teachers. Are they capable to teach?


Hi angela, whether it is on the Internet or amongst friends, we have to take other people's comments with a healthy pinch of salt. Regardless of whether the comments are good or bad, we cannot take them at face value without verifying it ourselves.

I have personally not tried Shichida myself due to its long waiting list and I'm not a fan of its administration. But I have been to the place and seen and interacted with the teachers enough to say that I am comfortable enough with the programme to want to put my children through it myself if I have the money and time. But that's just my opinion which you should take with a pinch of salt too :) .

ChiefKiasu
Site Admin
 
Posts: 15221
Joined: Mon Sep 03, 2007 9:16 am
Location: Singapore
Total Likes: 319


Re: Hellooo

Postby angela » Mon Nov 03, 2008 9:58 pm

ChiefKiasu wrote:
angela wrote:...But heard that Shichida's management is not very good so wonder how about the teachers. Are they capable to teach?


Hi angela, whether it is on the Internet or amongst friends, we have to take other people's comments with a healthy pinch of salt. Regardless of whether the comments are good or bad, we cannot take them at face value without verifying it ourselves.

I have personally not tried Shichida myself due to its long waiting list and I'm not a fan of its administration. But I have been to the place and seen and interacted with the teachers enough to say that I am comfortable enough with the programme to want to put my children through it myself if I have the money and time. But that's just my opinion which you should take with a pinch of salt too :) .


Hi ChiefKiasu,

Thanks for your advice. I will find one day to go down to the school to check with them.

:lol:

angela
GreenBelt
GreenBelt
 
Posts: 188
Joined: Sat Nov 01, 2008 3:56 pm
Total Likes: 0



Return to Newbies & Clubs