Mummy zhangping: mummy of 2 say Hi!!

Newbies report here first! And if you feel like you would like your own club, come and create one yourself too.

Mummy zhangping: mummy of 2 say Hi!!

Postby zhangping » Mon Nov 03, 2008 9:35 pm

:D hello everybody, I am mummy of 2 , 2yr son and 3yr daughter, STAHM, part time chinese tutor :)

zhangping
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Re: mummy of 2 say Hi!!

Postby ChiefKiasu » Fri Nov 07, 2008 7:33 am

zhangping wrote::D hello everybody, I am mummy of 2 , 2yr son and 3yr daughter, STAHM, part time chinese tutor :)

Hi zhangping, welcome to KiasuParents.com! Are you a chinese tutor for Primary school or pre-school children?

ChiefKiasu
Site Admin

Re: mummy of 2 say Hi!!

Postby jedamum » Fri Nov 07, 2008 10:48 am

ChiefKiasu wrote:Hi zhangping, welcome to KiasuParents.com! Are you a chinese tutor for Primary school or pre-school children?

Chinese tutor for pre-schoolers? It never cross my mind that preschool kids need tuition....I thought only preschool chinese enrichment exists. :oops:
zhangping, welcome to KSP. 8)
what are your kids' activities like at home with you as their full time educator?

jedamum
Councillor
Councillor

Postby barney » Fri Nov 07, 2008 11:59 am

jedamum Posted:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chinese tutor for pre-schoolers? It never cross my mind that preschool kids need tuition

Hi jedamum, you'll be surprised. My SIL is a full time chinese tutor and she has a number of students in K1 and K2 and of course all the way to O levels as well.

Welcome to KSP, zhangping. It takes a lot of patience to teach, something which I never have and always admire teachers for their patience.

barney
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Postby zhangping » Fri Nov 07, 2008 2:09 pm

I teach both primary and pre-school students in language centre, the so called enrichment class. And for my kids, they play most of time, cos I want them to enjoy childhood as much as thay can. Most of activities are play ground time, even my home got slide ,rocking horse and swing, listening music--mostly classical type /nursery rthyms/hymes,painting in free style :wink: use water/crayons/watercolor/pencil,mold play dough,reading at fixed time-morning when I am mopping floor/evening when I am bathing :lol: of cousre I read for them too..teach for a v short while only,better end before they lost the interest hahaha.. play with them also and cane them if disobey :!:

zhangping
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Postby jedamum » Wed Nov 12, 2008 12:26 am

barney wrote:Hi jedamum, you'll be surprised. My SIL is a full time chinese tutor and she has a number of students in K1 and K2 and of course all the way to O levels as well.

I would have thought that enrichment is a more fun way of learning subjects at preschool level, but I guess some parents feel that it is more value for money for getting a 1-to-1 tutor instead of going for a 1 teacher-to-12 students enrichment programme.

zhangping wrote:And for my kids, they play most of time, cos I want them to enjoy childhood as much as thay can. Most of activities are play ground time, even my home got slide ,rocking horse and swing, listening music--mostly classical type /nursery rthyms/hymes,painting in free style :wink: use water/crayons/watercolor/pencil,mold play dough,reading at fixed time-morning when I am mopping floor/evening when I am bathing :lol: of cousre I read for them too..teach for a v short while only,better end before they lost the interest hahaha.. play with them also and cane them if disobey :!:

hm....your list may sound long, but seriously, I've tried all those (except for the home-owned playground :P) with my 2 yr old and each activity lasted not more than 10min the most. Wanna teach him do cards matching, once he gets the technique, he'll 'fool' around, like trying to put at the wrong object, smile at me and then shift to the correct place :roll:. Let him do shape sorting, after once, he'll deliberately scatter all the shapes around the house. Let him do stacking, when the tower fell, he'll throw all the blocks and laugh and run away. For the rest of the day, he gets bored and when he gets bored, he pestered me to switch on the tv for him and when the show is not to his liking, he'll throw a tantrum. :(

thank goodness for books...that is the only stuff around the house that can calm him down.

jedamum
Councillor
Councillor

Postby zhangping » Wed Nov 12, 2008 9:52 am

jedamum wrote:hm....your list may sound long, but seriously, I've tried all those (except for the home-owned playground :P) with my 2 yr old and each activity lasted not more than 10min the most. Wanna teach him do cards matching, once he gets the technique, he'll 'fool' around, like trying to put at the wrong object, smile at me and then shift to the correct place :roll:. Let him do shape sorting, after once, he'll deliberately scatter all the shapes around the house. Let him do stacking, when the tower fell, he'll throw all the blocks and laugh and run away. For the rest of the day, he gets bored and when he gets bored, he pestered me to switch on the tv for him and when the show is not to his liking, he'll throw a tantrum. :(

thank goodness for books...that is the only stuff around the house that can calm him down.

sounds like your child was manipulating :| kids needs to be trained, eg awareness of authority, obedient, self-control, patience, creativity etc,have read a few books which are very affective, I used to believe temper tantrum too ..they call it terrible two..

http://www.raisinggodlytomatoes.com/

find these books are helpful to me
"to train up a child"
"creative family time"
"shepherding a child's heart"

zhangping
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Postby csc » Wed Nov 12, 2008 10:58 am

Hi Zhangping,

Hey, I had read that book "Sheperding a child's heart" too but it was only when my children were much older. The teachings of the book free me from trying to measure myself against the philosophy of all the parenting gurus.

I am a more secure mother, calmer, less naggy and start to enjoy my children. I am more of my children's mother rather than teacher... if you know what I mean..And the result is .... the children are also happier and more secure. :wink:

Thanks for sharing the website. Have you come across this one?

www.aboverubies.org

csc
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby jedamum » Wed Nov 12, 2008 2:31 pm

zhangping wrote:
sounds like your child was manipulating :| kids needs to be trained, eg awareness of authority, obedient, self-control, patience, creativity etc,have read a few books which are very affective, I used to believe temper tantrum too ..they call it terrible two..

manipulating? :shock: I thought he is just behaving like a very active 2 yr old. :D

jedamum
Councillor
Councillor

Return to Newbies & Clubs