Huskies

Newbies report here first! And if you feel like you would like your own club, come and create one yourself too.

Huskies

Postby huskies » Fri Nov 07, 2008 4:26 pm

Hi all
I am not exactly a newbie cos I have been to this site several times and picked up many useful tips and information, just never got to registering. This is like my bible for P1 registration and my boy just turned 2! Well I think this is a fantastic site and I hope to contribute some useful information too. Keep up the good work, Chief Kiasu!

huskies
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Re: Huskies

Postby ChiefKiasu » Fri Nov 07, 2008 10:51 pm

huskies wrote:Hi all
I am not exactly a newbie cos I have been to this site several times and picked up many useful tips and information, just never got to registering. This is like my bible for P1 registration and my boy just turned 2! Well I think this is a fantastic site and I hope to contribute some useful information too. Keep up the good work, Chief Kiasu!

Hi huskies, thank you for your encouragement. We do what we can to help our parents grow responsible kids, because one day, they would be the ones taking care of business (and us).

It's never too early to prepare our children for Primary school. I just spoke with a parent who's kid has been in Shichida since 1 year old, and she strongly believes that it has helped him become a faster learner than other children. If that is true, then I worry for the majority of Singaporean children who did not get the privilege of going through such training from young. Sigh.

ChiefKiasu
Site Admin

It's the mums and dads, not Shichida

Postby huskies » Wed Nov 12, 2008 6:58 pm

My son was with Shichida since he was 14 mths for 9 mths. It was an eye-opener, especially the way they do the flash cards. I was prepared to commit for 2 years because that is the recommended time needed for results to show. I stopped because he is frankly bored with the program and the charges are really ridiculously high. The real key to helping our kids learn is the work that mums and dads do with their child at home, even if it's only for 15 minutes. Without that, Shichida is useless. My child can pick up new words from looking at flash cards daily for about a week. I have made hundreds for him. It's the daily effort, not Shichida...

huskies
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Re: It's the mums and dads, not Shichida

Postby ChiefKiasu » Wed Nov 12, 2008 7:17 pm

huskies wrote:...It's the daily effort, not Shichida...

Indeed, it is the daily effort of mums and dads that make the difference. But programmes like Shichida teach the methods that parents can learn.

ChiefKiasu
Site Admin

Agree

Postby huskies » Tue Nov 18, 2008 11:02 am

Yes I agree. Picked up the flash card n photo memory method from them.

huskies
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Return to Newbies & Clubs