Mummy usfret: Goodday All

Newbies report here first! And if you feel like you would like your own club, come and create one yourself too.

Mummy usfret: Goodday All

Postby usfret » Mon Nov 10, 2008 4:22 pm

A big hello to all you fellow kiasu parents,

FTWM to an energetic, bright 2.5 year old boy. Stumbled upon this gem of a site while researching kindergartens a good three hours ago (I've been glued to the site ever since!) Not being a very productive employee I know, but I am gaining such a wealth of information about parenting and Singapore (only been here for a year) I would like to commend you all on your efforts in building this wonderful website and sharing your experiences and knowledge with other new/eager parents. Hope I can contribute in the days and weeks to come. I'd also like to say that the kindergarten reviews were very helpful and after all that reading I have decided to check out Schoolhouse By the Bay in Katong tomorrow afternoon.

Thank you again for all the valuable inputs.

:D

usfret
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Re: Mummy usfret: Goodday All

Postby ChiefKiasu » Mon Nov 10, 2008 10:23 pm

Hi usfret, welcome to KiasuParents.com! Yes, just got my 3yo daughter's "report card" back from Schoolhouse-by-the-bay. I was amazed at the details they provide, from reading and writing assessments to character development. In fact, after that, I'm very torn between staying at Schoolhouse and moving on to NAFA Kindy. And my daughter's protest of "Don't change my Schoolhouse!!" is still ringing in my ears :) .

ChiefKiasu
Site Admin

Postby usfret » Tue Nov 11, 2008 9:08 am

Hi Chief Kiasu,

Thanks for the welcome. My first choice was NAFA too. But they have a long waitlist besides my son only turned 2.5 last month (think they start at 4yrs) The other thing is, while I am (or was) very keen on NAFA (I love art and work in the media as a creative) I realized that my son is very active and totally into sports. He'd rather kick a ball around than paint! So now I'm wondering if NAFA would be the best choice. I want what's best for him and not for me. But it's so difficult at this age to know for sure because their personalities are still developing.

usfret
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Postby ChiefKiasu » Tue Nov 11, 2008 9:34 am

usfret wrote:...I realized that my son is very active and totally into sports. He'd rather kick a ball around than paint! So now I'm wondering if NAFA would be the best choice. I want what's best for him and not for me. But it's so difficult at this age to know for sure because their personalities are still developing.

You may want to send you son to the ABGS Gym classes at Katong CC on Saturday mornings. I noticed quite a number of non locals there too. You can sign up here.

ChiefKiasu
Site Admin

Postby usfret » Tue Nov 11, 2008 2:28 pm

Thanks a bunch. That's good information to have.

usfret
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Return to Newbies & Clubs