Media Programmes for your child

Newbies report here first! And if you feel like you would like your own club, come and create one yourself too.

Media Programmes for your child

Postby PAPABEAR » Mon Sep 13, 2010 10:25 am

I noticed that my child is not enthusiastic on learning during her K1. I asked her why she is not paying attention in class? She replied that she always learning the same thing over and over again which makes her less interest in school.

I'm not that type of person who likes my child to watch TV programmes. I'll always give her 20% of her time watching education programmes. Recently, i've bought back some education programmes in DVD (from my company) for my child to watch and to my surprise she's able to absorb words, spellings, reading and understanding how to treat others which she like to be treated as well.

I'll be recommending some of the useful DVD Children Programmes to some schools (Child care, Preschools....etc) very soon. These programmes will make them show more interest to learn.

PAPABEAR
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Postby duriz » Mon Sep 13, 2010 10:32 am

:welcome: PAPABEAR

My 11-month old has flashcard lessons on DVD (in English), ten minutes, repeated twice daily. Then Chinese hand-held flashcards, 5 minutes, same set of cards, repeated twice daily.
Her lesson timings are in the morning, after her breakfast and brushing of teeth. Then again, after her afternoon nap, snack and brushing of teeth.
During her free time, we play nursery rhymes (in English) and Tang poems (in Chinese) on DVD for her (alternate).
We also play children's songs and baby Mozart in the car for her. She loves Mozart very much as I listened to him alot during my pregnancy.

Will wait for your recommendations.
Last edited by duriz on Mon Sep 13, 2010 11:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

duriz
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby PAPABEAR » Mon Sep 13, 2010 11:42 am

Chidrens love to listen to music. Is good to start from young let them have more various type of music. You might want to consider "Er Tong Xiao Tian Cai" Fun with Karaoke by InnoKidz is suitable for children from 0 to 6yrs old not only he can listen to it and watch the chinese characters. Enjoy both verbal and visual learning. Each DVD contains approx.20 songs with colourful display.

PAPABEAR
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Postby skirtdressnsuch » Tue Sep 14, 2010 3:35 pm

:lovesite: :welcome: :lovesite:

skirtdressnsuch
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Worry on child's education

Postby PAPABEAR » Wed May 20, 2015 2:36 pm

I'm worried about my daughter's education. She's now Primary 4 and her results were below average. I've nowhere to find help either the enrichment or tuition are too far expensive to enroll. She has attention deficit couldn't concentrate and seems not to understand the meaning of sentences e.g problem sum or comprehensions.
I desperately need help.

PAPABEAR
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Re: Media Programmes for your child

Postby Kidsprodigy » Wed May 20, 2015 3:28 pm

I am also interested to know what kinda programme or dvd I can get for my k1 boy. Any recommendations? Thanks.

Kidsprodigy
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Re: Worry on child's education

Postby ngl2010 » Wed May 20, 2015 10:45 pm

PAPABEAR wrote:I'm worried about my daughter's education. She's now Primary 4 and her results were below average. I've nowhere to find help either the enrichment or tuition are too far expensive to enroll. She has attention deficit couldn't concentrate and seems not to understand the meaning of sentences e.g problem sum or comprehensions.
I desperately need help.

Hi. There are many free tuition. I know 2 so far. Let me set up a thread on this forum and ask others on places that offer free tuition. Please wait for a couple of days.

ngl2010
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

1 people like this post

Re: Media Programmes for your child

Postby Swift Formula » Thu Jun 25, 2015 5:59 am

Hmm ... attention deficit . U probably have to spend time and slowly guide your child.

Swift Formula
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Return to Newbies & Clubs