Mummy funfantastic4: Hello from Anxious Mummy of soon P1 gal

Newbies report here first! And if you feel like you would like your own club, come and create one yourself too.

Mummy funfantastic4: Hello from Anxious Mummy of soon P1 gal

Postby funfantastic4 » Thu Nov 20, 2008 10:42 pm

Hello everyone......

Am new here....very excited as my gal will be embarking into a new journey of her life. She's registered at CHIJ OLQP. Just can't wait for her to start school on 02-Jan.

Any tips any season parents can give me to better prepare both parent and child to the new environment? I want my girl to enjoy her school life as much as possible. But at the same time I want her to be academically prepared.

Haiz :cry: ......never expect it would be this exciting....anxious.....nerve recking....stressful....blah...blah.....blah.....

funfantastic4
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Re: Hello from Anxious Mummy of soon-2-b P1 gal

Postby jedamum » Fri Nov 21, 2008 12:09 am

Hi funfantastic4,

I would have enrolled my girl into CHIJ OLQP for its new compound and that it is within 1km from my place....the only issue is that I have 2 boys. :wink:
My elder boy starting P1 too next year, so I can sure feel your excitement too. :D
I am not a season parent (by KSP definition ;)), but I'll tap on my personal schooling experience to try to gear my boys towards the direction that hopefully will leave fun-filled schooling memories that they'll enjoy when they graduate. However, as I used to be a bookworm and wanted my boys now to enjoy more on school activities/honing their leadership skills/character building etc, my husband, who was pretty involved in co-curriculum activities during his schooling years wanted me to focus more on the boys' academics instead. :lol:
A case of 'grass greener on the other side' perhaps?

Welcome to KSP. 8)

jedamum
Councillor
Councillor

Re: Hello from Anxious Mummy of soon-2-b P1 gal

Postby ChiefKiasu » Fri Nov 21, 2008 6:45 am

funfantastic4 wrote:...very excited as my gal will be embarking into a new journey of her life...

Welcome funfantastic4! By this time next year you will probably be more excited with the coming school holidays :wink: as we all are so that our children and us can get a real and nice long break. "Real" because in the other school holidays, we still had to prepare our kids for show-and-tell and tingxie and what-not that the school throws to the kids to keep them "occupied".

ChiefKiasu
Site Admin

Return to Newbies & Clubs