Mummy veraclari: "Previously Non-Kiasu" now "

Newbies report here first! And if you feel like you would like your own club, come and create one yourself too.

Mummy veraclari: "Previously Non-Kiasu" now "

Postby veraclari » Fri Nov 21, 2008 2:35 am

Hello All,

My gal is going P1-Pei Chun next year. I've always been Kinda "against tuition" for young kids [despite her having classmates going for tuition when in K1/2] as i think they should enjoy their childhood while it last... UNTIL my child got into Pei Chun and heard quite a few of parents with kids in Pei Chun saying " Of course must have tuition! If not how to Cope???".

Then the panick kicked in. Yes, kinda late since P1 is just 2 months away... but better late then never i guess...

Appreciate any kind of advices... =)

THANKS!

veraclari
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Re: "Previously Non-Kiasu" now "Panicking&quo

Postby ChiefKiasu » Fri Nov 21, 2008 7:10 am

veraclari wrote:...I've always been Kinda "against tuition" for young kids [despite her having classmates going for tuition when in K1/2] as i think they should enjoy their childhood while it last... UNTIL my child got into Pei Chun and heard quite a few of parents with kids in Pei Chun saying " Of course must have tuition! If not how to Cope???".

Then the panick kicked in. Yes, kinda late since P1 is just 2 months away... but better late then never i guess...

Welcome veraclari! Actually you only need to panic if you have provided tuition for your child at K1/2 and yet he/she still does not perform in P1 :) .

In any case, the kindergarten should have done the necessary preparation for P1. By now, you should be aware of your child's strengths and weaknesses. You should consider tuition only if you feel that your child is really weak in a subject that you do not know how to support him yourself.

ChiefKiasu
Site Admin

Postby veraclari » Fri Nov 21, 2008 12:17 pm

Thanks Chief Kiasu! :D

Yeah, think i just have to observe along the way... prob. find a good tutor as this gal of mine can't seem to fully concentrate when i try guiding her - just her playful nature - kinda like all kids i guess.
She listens/concentrates better when others are teaching her but not when it comes to the parents... :(

veraclari
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Postby ChiefKiasu » Fri Nov 21, 2008 2:02 pm

veraclari wrote:...She listens/concentrates better when others are teaching her but not when it comes to the parents... :(

I have the same problem with my children. Teacher always knows better. Sigh.

ChiefKiasu
Site Admin

Return to Newbies & Clubs