Mummy Joyce with 3.5yrs Gal, Joanne

Newbies report here first! And if you feel like you would like your own club, come and create one yourself too.

Mummy Joyce with 3.5yrs Gal, Joanne

Postby Joyce Yin » Wed Nov 26, 2008 5:14 pm

Hi Everybody!

I am new... Found this website while surfing the net. :)
My gal, Joanne is in N1 @ Sunshine Kids Educare and I am a SAHM...

Just moved to Hougang this year and enrolled Joanne into this neighbourhood childcare... Although inexpensive, it is less than ideal.

She was previously from YMCA Pasir Ris since 1.5yrs old. Comparatively, the teachers there were more caring, responsible, and observant.

Anybody knows of good childcare or kindergartens @ Hougang?

Joyce Yin
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Re: Mummy Joyce with 3.5yrs Gal, Joanne

Postby ChiefKiasu » Wed Nov 26, 2008 5:52 pm

Joyce Yin wrote:...My gal, Joanne is in N1 @ Sunshine Kids Educare and I am a SAHM...

Just moved to Hougang this year and enrolled Joanne into this neighbourhood childcare... Although inexpensive, it is less than ideal...

Hi Joyce Yin, welcome to KSP.com! There are lots of parents here with kids in Hougang too. Care to provide an objective view of why you feel Sunshine Kids is not as ideal as YMCA?

ChiefKiasu
Site Admin

Postby Joyce Yin » Wed Nov 26, 2008 6:44 pm

Children fighting and hurting themselves in school is very common.

YMCA's teachers were observant enough to stop fights, attend to falls/ injuries quickly. Thereafter inform parents at the end of the day of incident. If maids picked up kids, teachers wrote down the incident in child's communication book.

When parents complain about child's injuries or fights, the principal acknowledge the problem, agree to investigate, promise to give an explanation and inform on action the school will take. Following that, the principal will follow up will parents, pay more attention to the child and give constant feedback of situation in class to reassure parents that same incident will not happen again.

In contrast, Sunshine Kids has not notified me of my gal's fights or injuries. It was only when my gal started complaining non stop that her classmate has been bullying her everyday, and that I found bruises on her back, private part, scratches on her hand, that I complained to the principal.

The principal's reply to me was that the boy was a bully. He has bullied many children for no valid reason. In the past, the school has spoken to his parents to avoid screening violent cartoons at home and to discipline him. But his parents couldnt discipline. The school thinks the boy may not be very normal, but they think it is inappropriate to inform the boy's parents to bring him for treatment.

It was only after my mum and I complained numerous times to 3 staff in the school that they decided to do something, which was to change place for my gal.

Although it is important for the school to make money, I think it is not right for the children in the school to be bullied by a kid for no reason everyday.

In addition, the principal said to my gal: "Its so late, nobody is here to pick you. Your daddy and mummy dont want you already. " My gal was very very sad when she told me this.... I didnt believe her initially.

But the principal asked me why I was so late in picking up my gal and told me she said to my gal" Your daddy & mummy dont want you". It was only 7.45pm and the school close at 8pm.

Even after reassuring my gal, she insist that she wants to be the 1st to go home everyday.

If I am late in picking up my gal, and the principal says such things to my gal, i have nothing to complain about. If the operating hours states clearly to be 8pm and I arrive later than normal once in a blue moon but still before official closing time, my gal does not deserve such upsetting words.

Joyce Yin
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Postby ChiefKiasu » Wed Nov 26, 2008 7:15 pm

Joyce Yin wrote:...But the principal asked me why I was so late in picking up my gal and told me she said to my gal" Your daddy & mummy dont want you". It was only 7.45pm and the school close at 8pm...

Regardless if the words were said in jest, no parent should tolerate such words being said to their children, much less from a child educator.

ChiefKiasu
Site Admin

Return to Newbies & Clubs