Mummy crystal palace: Hi all...

Newbies report here first! And if you feel like you would like your own club, come and create one yourself too.

Mummy crystal palace: Hi all...

Postby crystal palace » Thu Dec 04, 2008 3:08 pm

Hi Cheif Kiasu and all parents

I have some queries :

a) My hubby was from old boy school : St Andrew's Junior School. But I have a gal... is there any affiliate school to St Andrew's that we could enrol in for phase 2B

b) My old school is very very far from where we live. Can we register under Phase 2B 1st while waiting for results of our 1st choice school (<1km). i kiasu in case <1km also ballot and i damn bad luck then I would like to go to my old school (hope I am making sense to you.... :roll: )

Thanks a zillion.. This is a great site...i gain alot by browsing

crystal palace
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Re: Hi all...

Postby ChiefKiasu » Wed Dec 10, 2008 10:32 pm

crystal palace wrote:Hi Cheif Kiasu and all parents

I have some queries :

a) My hubby was from old boy school : St Andrew's Junior School. But I have a gal... is there any affiliate school to St Andrew's that we could enrol in for phase 2B

b) My old school is very very far from where we live. Can we register under Phase 2B 1st while waiting for results of our 1st choice school (<1km). i kiasu in case <1km also ballot and i damn bad luck then I would like to go to my old school (hope I am making sense to you.... :roll: )

Thanks a zillion.. This is a great site...i gain alot by browsing

Hi crystal palace... I was from SAJS too :) so maybe your hubby may even know me from our pai gia days - I was the product of Harry Tan, God bless his soul (and ours when he teaches us A-Math in Sec 3).

a) During those days, we call St Margaret's and St Hilda's our "sister" schools. I don't think your hubby's alma mata with SAJS will give you any priority in those schools, though. If you are Anglican, though, you may try church affiliation.

b) Priority based on alumni is Phase 2Ax, depending on whether you are n the alumni association or not. If your child is already registered in a school in Phase 2A, you must first de-register your child from that school before trying to register your child in another school at a later first. No such thing as holding on to 2 birds at the same time.

ChiefKiasu
Site Admin

Postby crystal palace » Fri Dec 12, 2008 4:43 pm

hi chief kiasu

thank you so much for your reply. :D

My gal is only 4 yrs old but every parent i met asked me about her primary school choice, old school affliation or about doing volunteering work!! is it really that competitive out there?! I feel like a frog in a well until i found your website...very informative but i am still confused....

is the allocation / balloting of school vacancies to applicants (ie the phases 1, 2A, B C etc) done all in same day??

thanks!

crystal palace
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Postby crystal palace » Fri Dec 12, 2008 4:44 pm

hi chief kiasu

thank you so much for your reply. :D

My gal is only 4 yrs old but every parent i met asked me about her primary school choice, old school affliation or about doing volunteering work!! is it really that competitive out there?! I feel like a frog in a well until i found your website...very informative but i am still confused....

is the allocation / balloting of school vacancies to applicants (ie the phases 1, 2A, B C etc) done all in same day??

thanks!

crystal palace
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Return to Newbies & Clubs