MerlionInGermany

Newbies report here first! And if you feel like you would like your own club, come and create one yourself too.

MerlionInGermany

Postby MerlionInGermany » Wed Dec 17, 2008 5:49 pm

Hi,

I chanced upon KiasuParents last month when I googled for 2008 PSLE results.

I live in Germany with my family. Our daughter is a 2006 baby. We will eventually return to Singapore for her education so I will be posting lots of questions from now on and I look forward to advice from all of you in Singapore.

Thanks!

MerlionInGermany
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Re: MerlionInGermany

Postby ChiefKiasu » Sun Dec 21, 2008 8:17 pm

MerlionInGermany wrote:Hi,

I chanced upon KiasuParents last month when I googled for 2008 PSLE results.

I live in Germany with my family. Our daughter is a 2006 baby. We will eventually return to Singapore for her education so I will be posting lots of questions from now on and I look forward to advice from all of you in Singapore.

Thanks!

Hi MerlionInGermany,

Anyway, sorry, forgot to welcome you to KiasuParents.com! 2006 baby? Yes, you qualify as a KiasuParent! Registration for P1 will be in 2012, so you are planning PV, you should start sourcing the schools in 2011. In the meantime, Gesundheit! - That's the only German phrase I know. :roll: :D

ChiefKiasu
Site Admin

Postby MerlionInGermany » Wed Dec 24, 2008 10:16 pm

Hi ChiefKiasu,

Thanks for the welcome. I am happy to qualify to be a member here.

MiG

MerlionInGermany
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby MerlionInGermany » Thu Mar 05, 2009 7:12 pm

Hi Chiefkiasu,

Regarding your comment about doing PV. Is it reasonable to apply for PV earlier than the year you wrote? Do people do that? Do schools accept that? Can 40 hours be clocked over a few years?

I know it's best to check with each school, but I just need a general idea.

Thanks.

MiG

MerlionInGermany
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby ChiefKiasu » Thu Mar 05, 2009 7:19 pm

MerlionInGermany wrote:...Regarding your comment about doing PV. Is it reasonable to apply for PV earlier than the year you wrote? Do people do that? Do schools accept that? Can 40 hours be clocked over a few years?

I know it's best to check with each school, but I just need a general idea...

There is no fixed answer. It depends entirely on the school's policies, which is based on factors such as projected number of available places in the school to cater to the historical demand from ex-alumni's kids, PVs, and the public in Phase 2C. Some schools open it out to everyone, leaving it to chance that people will have to ballot in Phase 2B. Some schools try to minimize the pain of PVs not getting places by limiting the number of applicants. Some schools are more long term than others. In general, most schools will only accept PVs a year before registration, but you should check with the specific school to confirm.

ChiefKiasu
Site Admin

Return to Newbies & Clubs