Mummy elaine: hi..i am new here

Newbies report here first! And if you feel like you would like your own club, come and create one yourself too.

Mummy elaine: hi..i am new here

Postby elaine » Mon Dec 29, 2008 3:09 pm

hi,

new here. getting ready for my 3 year old son to enrol in a preschool.. saw this as my research platform...heehee.. :D

elaine
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Re: Mummy elaine: hi..i am new here

Postby ChiefKiasu » Mon Dec 29, 2008 9:24 pm

elaine wrote:hi,

new here. getting ready for my 3 year old son to enrol in a preschool.. saw this as my research platform...heehee.. :D

Hi elaine, welcome to KiasuParents.com! Which part of Singapore are you staying? You might want to post a request in the appropriate thread in this forum.

ChiefKiasu
Site Admin

Postby jedamum » Mon Dec 29, 2008 11:42 pm

elaine wrote:getting ready for my 3 year old son to enrol in a preschool..

3 yo? I'm pretty sensitive to familiar numbers...let me count...2006 kid?
my '3yo-in-Jan2009-but-technically-only-25mth-old' just attended his preschool orientation today. :D

welcome to KSP. 8)

jedamum
Councillor
Councillor

Postby elaine » Wed Dec 31, 2008 7:55 am

jedamum wrote:
elaine wrote:getting ready for my 3 year old son to enrol in a preschool..

3 yo? I'm pretty sensitive to familiar numbers...let me count...2006 kid?
my '3yo-in-Jan2009-but-technically-only-25mth-old' just attended his preschool orientation today. :D

welcome to KSP. 8)

hi jedamum,

yap..my boy is a 2006 baby. :)

which preschool did your darling attend? mine used to be in gug for toddler class. he seems quite bored so thought if changing to a new environment for preschool.

elaine
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Postby jedamum » Wed Dec 31, 2008 10:46 am

elaine wrote:which preschool did your darling attend? mine used to be in gug for toddler class. he seems quite bored so thought if changing to a new environment for preschool.

ooo...GUG is not cheap and is pretty out of the way for me.
I had enrolled my boy in BPMCK after good reviews of their kindergarten programme. This is the first intake of their PreN programme though.
As they are only taking in todd from 30mths onwards, my boy will only start class during Term 3. Anyway, it is good too cos the teachers then will be able to spend more time with him when he starts class as a portion of the class students had already started in term 1 or 2. He sure needs that extra attention - during the orientation 3 days back, he was the only kid walking around and around the hall while the rest of the kiddos sat quietly with their parents :oops: .
Meanwhile, he will just spend his time at home with me...pretty much the same for the past 2 years. 8)

jedamum
Councillor
Councillor

Postby elaine » Wed Dec 31, 2008 2:35 pm

ya...gug is quite fair for me too. i stay in the west :)

i was reluctant to change school initially cos the school is quite advance. at 2.5 years old, the teachers taught them writing and my son learn to spell his own name.

but now i got no choice cos i have to handle my daughter, work and my domestic help leaving in april so got to make adjustments lor. :(

elaine
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Postby jedamum » Wed Dec 31, 2008 2:55 pm

elaine wrote:i was reluctant to change school initially cos the school is quite advance. at 2.5 years old, the teachers taught them writing and my son learn to spell his own name.

wa...2.5yrs old already learning how to write? My boy can only draw circles...:D
if your boy enjoys schooling there, maybe you can explore school bus option?

jedamum
Councillor
Councillor

Return to Newbies & Clubs