Mummy Sunshine Cheerful: A Mummy of 2 boys reporting :0)

Newbies report here first! And if you feel like you would like your own club, come and create one yourself too.

Mummy Sunshine Cheerful: A Mummy of 2 boys reporting :0)

Postby sunshine cheerful » Tue Dec 30, 2008 2:37 pm

Hello All!

I am a newbie and a mummy of 2 boys (turning 2 and turning 5 in 2009)

Cheers!

sunshine cheerful
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Postby phantom » Tue Dec 30, 2008 4:51 pm

Hello sunshine cheerful, Wecome to KSP! My kid is also turning 5 in 2009, and I am busy looking for primary school

phantom
Site Admin

Postby Piggymum » Tue Dec 30, 2008 4:56 pm

hello...welcome :D
My girl is turning 5 in 2009 too and my boy is turning 3 in 4 mths time. :wink:

Piggymum
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby Carrie » Tue Dec 30, 2008 7:24 pm

phantom wrote:Hello sunshine cheerful, Wecome to KSP! My kid is also turning 5 in 2009, and I am busy looking for primary school

hihi, im new to this KSP too... My boy is going to K1 in 2009..

Hello Phantom, you are looking for primary school already?? That's pretty fast...

Carrie
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Postby phantom » Tue Dec 30, 2008 8:21 pm

If the school need to do PV, then you need to apply for it 1 years before, so now is the correct time to look for the primary school and if I need to do PV. There is a few primary school around my area, so need to also see the school performance and if possible go to their open house.

After reading through what other parents gone through, I realised this is about the right time to look around :D

phantom
Site Admin

Postby Carrie » Tue Dec 30, 2008 8:31 pm

phantom wrote:If the school need to do PV, then you need to apply for it 1 years before, so now is the correct time to look for the primary school and if I need to do PV. There is a few primary school around my area, so need to also see the school performance and if possible go to their open house.

After reading through what other parents gone through, I realised this is about the right time to look around :D

Wow... I never know that...I heard about PV, (is it Parent Volunteer?)
Im staying at Hougang... How abt you? Any good school around my area? I dont mind if the school is at Sengkang, Tampines, Ang Mo Kio... There's sch bus mah... :lol:
May i know is ur child attending any class in Pronics now? You know which is good? I heard some many parents talking abt: ZooPronics, ICR, and ReadPronics...

Carrie
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Postby phantom » Tue Dec 30, 2008 10:03 pm

Carrie wrote:
phantom wrote:If the school need to do PV, then you need to apply for it 1 years before, so now is the correct time to look for the primary school and if I need to do PV. There is a few primary school around my area, so need to also see the school performance and if possible go to their open house.

Wow... I never know that...I heard about PV, (is it Parent Volunteer?)
Im staying at Hougang... How abt you? Any good school around my area? I dont mind if the school is at Sengkang, Tampines, Ang Mo Kio... There's sch bus mah... :lol:
May i know is ur child attending any class in Pronics now? You know which is good? I heard some many parents talking abt: ZooPronics, ICR, and ReadPronics...

Yes PV is parent volunteer, and you will need to do it 1 year before registration, and some school even got too much PV and got rejected. I stay in the north west area. I sent my kid to Montessori school which teaches phonics, so I didn't sent him to other phonic class. Phonics is useful in getting the kid to read at young age. I got a friend child that can read at age 3++ because his kid attended those phonic classes.

phantom
Site Admin

Hello!

Postby sunshine cheerful » Tue Dec 30, 2008 10:06 pm

Hello! Great to exchange notes with parents with similar profile :) ....
Phonics - my friend's daughter loves ICR. Unfortunately, my son did not take to it. Thankfully, there's letterland at his childcare. A colleague swears by Lorna Whiston. School - thinking of Ai Tong but I heard you have to ballot even if you are a PV! maybe I'll send my boy to Kuo Chuan Pres instead. Cheers

sunshine cheerful
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Re: Hello!

Postby ChiefKiasu » Tue Dec 30, 2008 10:18 pm

sunshine cheerful wrote:Hello! Great to exchange notes with parents with similar profile :) ....
Phonics - my friend's daughter loves ICR. Unfortunately, my son did not take to it. Thankfully, there's letterland at his childcare. A colleague swears by Lorna Whiston. School - thinking of Ai Tong but I heard you have to ballot even if you are a PV! maybe I'll send my boy to Kuo Chuan Pres instead. Cheers

Welcome to KiasuParents.com, sunshine cheerful! It sounds like you stay in Bishan, which is good and bad. Good because you are surrounded by great schools... Bad because nearly ALL the schools that are near you are great schools! Ai Tong and Catholic High are very tough to get in even if you PV, and Kuo Chuan will still require you to be within 2km and ballot in Phase 2C with about a 30% chance of failure.

ChiefKiasu
Site Admin

Re: Hello!

Postby Carrie » Tue Dec 30, 2008 10:22 pm

ChiefKiasu wrote:
sunshine cheerful wrote:Hello! Great to exchange notes with parents with similar profile :) ....

Welcome to KiasuParents.com, sunshine cheerful! It sounds like you stay in Bishan, which is good and bad. Good because you are surrounded by great schools... Bad because nearly ALL the schools that are near you are great schools! Ai Tong and Catholic High are very tough to get in even if you PV, and Kuo Chuan will still require you to be within 2km and ballot in Phase 2C with about a 30% chance of failure.

Wow, i see... There's many things to learn by sending our kids to P1...
Is there any good school in Hougang area?? I doubt so actually... Even to the neigbourhood area, also very hard to get, right??

Carrie
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Next

Return to Newbies & Clubs