Find Tuition/Enrichment Centres

Mummy buds' Heyloo all!

Newbies report here first! And if you feel like you would like your own club, come and create one yourself too.

Re: Mummy buds' Heyloo all!

Postby buds » Wed Dec 14, 2016 12:55 pm

buds wrote:
MrsKiasu wrote:Buds, those are your kids photos? Are ypu chinese?

I wont mind having a few more, if I were you :laugh:

Those are pics of my chubs.
Sigh.. those were his cutest days.

He will only be turning 6 on 27th December, but he will be going on to P1 a few days after his birthday liao. :cry:

I'm of mixed-blood parentage.
Both my parents are mixed-blood.

Whut few more? :whut: :yikes: :siam:

In case you've forgotten, I already have 4. :faint:

buds
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby buds » Wed Dec 14, 2016 2:33 pm

MrsKiasu wrote:
buds wrote:What level we talking here, babe...

Beginner and professional :laugh:

I'm neither leh.

I'm the no training type. :laugh:

Just lucky to try out good recipes and lucky that i have a family who likes to eat, so I can experiment.

For that easy peasy bread I just shared, the authentic kind is bake the bread from scratch, then use fresh garlic, fresh parsley... aiyah, don't have on hand... so I just go by my lazy way, with what's available in my kitchen. I share with you ok. :wink:

Just pick your choice of bread - can be sourdough or baguette or country loaf... your pick.

Then slice your bread right down, both vertically and horizontally, without cutting through the base of the loaf.

Squeeze your choice of cheese in between the folds of bread and pour melted butter (optional) + garlic spread in between every crevice and finally all over the top of your loaf.

Sprinkle dried parsley flakes and garlic powder if you like. If not you can pop your loaf, right into your preheated oven at 200 degrees. 15 minutes covered and another 3-5 minutes uncovered - for a crispier crust.

Voila. Easy peasy pull apart garlic cheese loaf done. Can be lazy but with end result looking professional - ok what, right? :rotflmao:

buds
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Boys' talk

Postby buds » Wed Jan 18, 2017 2:43 pm

The girls have been very enthralled by how quickly their brothers absorb information on the areas we are learning, during our Montessori homeschooling sessions.

At times, they try to replicate these sessions when they see the boys working on their materials. But.......

In their excitement, their sessions almost always end up with them doing testing. Yup; testing the boys to see if they remember the information that I've shared about / covered on certain areas or themes, instead of facilitating the teaching process.

They often wonder how I get the boys to know their stuff despite all the fun they were having. So on one of days DD2 decided to test lil' dragon_boi....... when she thought I wasn't looking.

DD2 : What's this?

dragon _ boi : Pluto

DD2 : This?

dragon _ boi : Mars

DD2 : Now, how about this one?

dragon _ boi : Saturn

DD2 : How about this rainbow piece?

dragon _ boi : :idea: Mmmm, Eurasian?

DD2 : (giggling) Try again, baby?

dragon _ boi : I know! You're Asian?? :scratchhead:

DD2 : (more giggling) Okay baby, both answers were pretty close. I'll give you a clue. It has the sound 'nus' in it.

dragon _ boi : I got it! :idea:

dragon _ boi : Your anus!!!

Hokay, that's it - session over. Before the poor boy gets more confused and sidetracked.

buds
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby buds » Wed Jan 18, 2017 3:16 pm

Seriously.

Some nurses need these.

buds
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Black Forest Cake

Postby buds » Thu Jan 19, 2017 12:27 am

Hectic school schedule with all 4 kids since school started. Mad rush yesterday, but thankful that I eventually managed to bake this cake for my Daddie's birthday.

buds
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby MrsKiasu » Thu Jan 19, 2017 7:39 am

Wow nice, Buds. I always believe some people are born with those 'hands' de. Eh, can expand your bz already :lol: I like, I love to try my hands on it but know will always be half full or half empty. But feel happy enough able to bluf kids :rotflmao:

MrsKiasu
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby buds » Thu Jan 19, 2017 7:23 pm

Thanks, MrsKiasu. It's one of my Daddie's favourite - blackforest cake. Hope he liked it. :love:

No la. Definitely not born with it. :razz:

My first noodles were rubber band noodles.
My first muffin didn't taste or look like one.
My first time cooking rice, it ended up being porridge.

I kept telling myself I could improve so I could care for my family better. Stomach wise. I also wanted to wean off help from both mother and mil.

My side line baking cupcakes are no longer that frequent as I have a lot on my hands (I had to decline) - homeschooling, P1 prep, writing, cooking, looking out for my folks, supervising my teen girls and there's also the small edu line I'm also doing. I try to run / cycle short distance on alternate days, set aside time for hubs for dates and go for girls' day outings with my girlfriends.

My clients are the ones who requested I try out birthday cakes so they can get from me, so I just fiddle with it by baking for birthdays of family members and relatives.

Last bday cake I made was for chubs.

You see me too up. No way of expanding already. I find the balance is ok for now and am managing it best I can. I had requests for home-based enrichment sessions from many parents. I'll consider it when lil' dragon_boi moves up to primary school, I guess. It will help tide my empty nest days in the future.

Happy to be able to bluff kids? :rotflmao: Cute la you. I share my recipes ma. Just try la.

If u wanna get your hands on anything that I can whip up, u can just get from me. ;)

buds
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby MrsKiasu » Thu Jan 19, 2017 11:05 pm

Hey you have improved alot on your birthday cake...well, i only know how to see from outside. This one looks sooo neat..real anot and all can be eaten arh :lol:

I m having another batch of rolls for tomorrow morning..kept inside fridge now. This one looks drier :nailbite: see how it comes out tomorrow. Dd1 says she wants it again. See i can bluff my dd :lol:

Usually, dds dont like those icing or cream on birthday cakes. But they like The Royals strawberry cake alot.. maybe another project for next month. Agaration only la where to find the recipe.

MrsKiasu
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Mee Siam on a cool morning...

Postby buds » Thu Jan 26, 2017 11:22 am

Join me?

buds
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Re: Mee Siam on a cool morning...

Postby MrsKiasu » Thu Jan 26, 2017 12:01 pm

buds wrote:Join me?