Find Tuition/Enrichment Centres

Club Breadmakers

Newbies report here first! And if you feel like you would like your own club, come and create one yourself too.

Re: Club Breadmakers

Postby Bakerine » Thu Sep 03, 2015 3:48 pm

Hi
I would like to know if anyone has used or is using a Song Cho bread maker? Is it easy to use and how is the texture of the bread?
TIA

Bakerine
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Postby summerp » Sat Oct 03, 2015 1:12 pm

Jennifer wrote:
canuckmum wrote:The crust isn't really thick from my machine. I'll try to look for a photo or remember to take a photo on my next bake.

Many machines also have settings that you can select such as light, regular or dark crust which affects the colour, thickness and crispness of the crust. I usually select light crust because regular often ends up with super crispy crust that makes it quite messy when slicing! (Bits of crust flying everywhere ha...).

But if you slice the bread many hours after baking (and kept in a container), the crust softens (and the bread overall is completely cool) and that makes it more stable for easier slicing.

:thankyou:

I used to own a low end bread maker which eventually became an white elephant bcos the light crust selection produced a crust that was still unacceptable for my family.

Hi which bread maker are you using? I'm looking for budget ones but worry about the crust too.. don't want to buy and let it becomes white elephant too.. thanks

summerp
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Postby Jennifer » Thu Nov 05, 2015 7:53 am

summerp,

It was many years ago that I had that bread maker, think I got it from Carrefour then, a Blue? brand.

Jennifer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby bakerro » Tue Dec 15, 2015 4:24 pm

Sad that Carrefour has now closed. They used to carry a number of notable baking items and equipment.

We would love to invite everyone who's interesting in baking, be it for business, leisure or someone interestedin baking, to join Singapore's Baking Community & Forum at www.bakerro.com :)

bakerro
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Postby dasalo » Sat Jan 16, 2016 10:48 am

What's the above post? Looks like a click bait to some dubious site.

Edited: the dubious link have been deleted.
Last edited by dasalo on Tue Jan 26, 2016 4:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

dasalo
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby allcc6 » Mon Mar 14, 2016 1:29 am

I've a Zojirushi mini bread machine & would like to try the tangzhong method for Milk Bread.

Below is the recipe (soft) provided in Z's manual :

Water : 1/3 cup
Milk : 1/2 cup
Large egg : 1
Bread Flour : 2-1/4 cup
All purpose flour : 2 Tbsp
Sugar : 1.5 Tbsp
Salt : 1 tsp
Butter : 2-1/3 Tbsp
Active dry yeast : 1 tsp

a) How do i determine the amount of tangzhong needed?

b) How much of flour & liquid do i deduct from the above original recipe?

allcc6
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby ying2 » Sat Jul 02, 2016 3:12 pm

Comparing bread maker of big name like Zojirushi, Panasonic, Kenwood with other brand like Mayer, Aztech, or China brand like Dolim, SKG… How you all choose your first machine?

ying2
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby allcc6 » Sat Jul 02, 2016 5:22 pm

ying2 wrote:Comparing bread maker of big name like Zojirushi, Panasonic, Kenwood with other brand like Mayer, Aztech, or China brand like Dolim, SKG… How you all choose your first machine?

In e below order :
1. Reviews
2. Size of breadmaker
3. Price

Ended up with Zojirushi.

allcc6
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby ying2 » Sat Jul 02, 2016 6:30 pm

allcc6 wrote:
ying2 wrote:Comparing bread maker of big name like Zojirushi, Panasonic, Kenwood with other brand like Mayer, Aztech, or China brand like Dolim, SKG… How you all choose your first machine?

In e below order :
1. Reviews
2. Size of breadmaker
3. Price

Ended up with Zojirushi.

Thanks for reply. Where did u read the review? Difficult to find review and compare of products side by side. In facebook, many talk about China brands… Panasonic has yeast dispenser (unique among bread maker brands). Wondering is it really make a different for the bread quality if with yeast dispenser? Some review emphasize the kneading must get 薄膜 state, but could not find this kind of review in big name brands. (maybe only Chinese will care about 薄膜 or not?)

ying2
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby mummychia » Mon Jul 04, 2016 8:41 pm

I chose my 1st machine based on price, it's Mayer which I bought from their warehouse sale. Didn't really churn out the kind of bread I like, tried to Google for recipes but not much, so I sold it off and bought Panasonic. Have no regrets, been baking almost every other day, really $$$ well spent.

mummychia
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

PreviousNext

Return to Newbies & Clubs

Find Tuition/Enrichment Centres