Mummy shaynamommy: Hello all Fretful Mummies and Daddies

Newbies report here first! And if you feel like you would like your own club, come and create one yourself too.

Mummy shaynamommy: Hello all Fretful Mummies and Daddies

Postby shaynamommy » Mon Jan 19, 2009 11:41 pm

Hello there, I am really fretting over my daughter lately.

This is her third week in K1 at a Childcare Centre in Sengkang and she is still very traumatised. She is used to a Montessori kindergarten setting (which was near my parent's place) which she has attended for close to 3 years but we have to relocate her back home a mth ago .

She absolutely hates the afternoon napping at the CCC and told me that she is wasting time in the pm cos no real work to be done. Just play play play and waiting for parents to come and pick them up.

I am thinking of changing her to another Montessori kindergarten in HOugang/Sengkang. Realised that kindergarten is more academic base while in the CCC, she has been wasting time on the napping, showering, snack time. So, I am starting to hunt for a new kindergarten (no more CCC) this time. Preferably one that has afternoon enrichment class. Anyone know of any good kindergarten in the hougang/sengkang area?

Another thing, does anyone have any experience being a PV (Parent Volunteer) for P1 reg'n? I have written so many applications but kept getting rejected. Just dunno what's wrong leh.

shaynamommy
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Re: Hello all Fretful Mummies and Daddies

Postby ChiefKiasu » Tue Jan 20, 2009 8:43 pm

shaynamommy wrote:...She absolutely hates the afternoon napping at the CCC and told me that she is wasting time in the pm cos no real work to be done. Just play play play and waiting for parents to come and pick them up.
...Another thing, does anyone have any experience being a PV (Parent Volunteer) for P1 reg'n? I have written so many applications but kept getting rejected. Just dunno what's wrong leh.

Welcome to KiasuParents.com, shaynamommy! My 3.5yo daughter started full day child care at Schoolhouse by the bay and for the 1st 3 days, she came back black-faced and grouchy, and claim she cried "a little bit". This is despite the fact that she has been in the same school but as playgroup for the last 6 months. So children do take time to adjust to new friends, teachers, classroom, and of course, the long, long day. But she seems better after one week, and looks forward to going to school again, although waking her up at 6:50am everyday remains quite an exercise :roll: .

But if the child is still unhappy after 3 weeks, you should probably investigate further to find out why, and should be mentally prepared to switch to another childcare service or routine.

As for PV, if the school you are trying for is very popular, you will find it very difficult to offer your services for the school.

ChiefKiasu
Site Admin

Return to Newbies & Clubs