Mummy homeschooling mum: So lost and out of touch!

Newbies report here first! And if you feel like you would like your own club, come and create one yourself too.

Mummy homeschooling mum: So lost and out of touch!

Postby homeschooling mum » Tue Jan 20, 2009 11:24 pm

hi all please help! :shock:

i'm an overseas singaporean...i just realised that i got to register my son for primary 1 this june for next year intake. Although not going back to study but MOE says got to 'choope' a place first.

My headaches are:
1) I do not have a singapore address. My parents' address can or not?
2) I lost my old old long time ago report book. How to show that i'm an ex student?
3) If i don't get a place in the 2A2 (for ex students i think) how will i know...then how? what's next?
4) My son is currently homeschooled but MOE wants to me to prove that he is receiving proper schooling out of singapore...how?

Someone please show me the light! Help!
:shock: :shock: :?:

homeschooling mum
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Re: So lost and out of touch!

Postby ChiefKiasu » Sat Jan 24, 2009 7:46 am

homeschooling mum wrote:...My headaches are:
1) I do not have a singapore address. My parents' address can or not?
2) I lost my old old long time ago report book. How to show that i'm an ex student?
3) If i don't get a place in the 2A2 (for ex students i think) how will i know...then how? what's next?
4) My son is currently homeschooled but MOE wants to me to prove that he is receiving proper schooling out of singapore...how?

Hi homeschooling mum, welcome to KiasuParents.com.
1) Under your circumstances, you should be able to use your parents' address for registration, assuming that would be the actual place you will be staying in when you return to Singapore. This address is important only if you do not get your child into your alma mater in Phase 2A2.

2) You can always buy a replacement certificate of your PSLE results from MOE as proof.

3) The chance of you getting into your old school in Phase 2A2 is above 99%. If you really can't then you have to contend with Phase 2B and 2C. Read our series articles of articles on Primary school education starting from here.

4) You should ask MOE how they want you to prove to them that your kid is sufficiently prepared for P1. After all, they are the ones who are asking for it. I'm guessing that it could be some kind of test or evaluation through interviews.

ChiefKiasu
Site Admin

Return to Newbies & Clubs