Daddy sashimi - hello!

Newbies report here first! And if you feel like you would like your own club, come and create one yourself too.

Daddy sashimi - hello!

Postby sashimi » Mon Feb 02, 2009 4:07 pm

Hello! I am not new! I've been on this forum a while, but never intro'd myself. :lol: So finally decided to intro to affirm that I am a daddy.

Came across this site when I googled for parenting forums. Have visited other forums before but dunno why I seem to prefer the culture in this one, a combination of honest-to-goodness parenting talk, like-minded individuals and (almost) endless laughs!

My wife is also on the forum, her nick is schellen. We have one 7-yr-old daughter.

I am nicknamed after a very cute plush sunfish (see avatar photo) that we bought from Osaka aquarium. The truth is I'm not really into the sashimi menu of Japanese cuisine (but I do love everything Japanese). Dozo yoroshiku onegaishimasu! :D

sashimi
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Re: Daddy sashimi - hello!

Postby ChiefKiasu » Mon Feb 02, 2009 7:59 pm

sashimi wrote:Hello! I am not new! I've been on this forum a while, but never intro'd myself. :lol: So finally decided to intro to affirm that I am a daddy...

sashimi, you old bird oredi lah. But unlike angpows, there is no age limit for receiving our welcomes. Welcome to KiasuParents.com!

ChiefKiasu
Site Admin

Postby phantom » Mon Feb 02, 2009 8:33 pm

Welcome, another confirmed daddy. Every daddy coming to KSP should be celebrated :celebrate:

phantom
Site Admin

Re: Daddy sashimi - hello!

Postby smurf » Sat Feb 07, 2009 9:01 am

sashimi wrote:Came across this site when I googled for parenting forums. Have visited other forums before but dunno why I seem to prefer the culture in this one, a combination of honest-to-goodness parenting talk, like-minded individuals and (almost) endless laughs!
:D

I felt the same. :wink:

smurf
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby ZacK » Sun Feb 15, 2009 5:35 pm

It seems that there are more mummies than daddies logging into a parenting forum... Is this a sign that dads are more bo chap wrt parenting issues?

Anyway :celebrate: to all the dads ... and of cos mums here. Like they say, a journey of a 1000 steps begins with the first step, so the fact that we bothered to create a nic to surf the info here... I guess its half the battle won :congrats:

ZacK
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby sashimi » Mon Feb 16, 2009 9:06 am

ZacK wrote:It seems that there are more mummies than daddies logging into a parenting forum... Is this a sign that dads are more bo chap wrt parenting issues?

Truth to be told: it's not a sign, it's a norm. It's nature lah, men evolved to be the hunter/gatherer, not the nanny.

We are actually the weird minority! :shock:

sashimi
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby ZacK » Mon Feb 16, 2009 12:14 pm

sashimi wrote:
ZacK wrote:It seems that there are more mummies than daddies logging into a parenting forum... Is this a sign that dads are more bo chap wrt parenting issues?

Truth to be told: it's not a sign, it's a norm. It's nature lah, men evolved to be the hunter/gatherer, not the nanny.

We are actually the weird minority! :shock:

Hahaha maybe we are not the gangho hunting type lar :?

ZacK
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Return to Newbies & Clubs