Mummy mummypumpkin: Greetings to All Parents!

Newbies report here first! And if you feel like you would like your own club, come and create one yourself too.

Mummy mummypumpkin: Greetings to All Parents!

Postby mummypumpkin » Tue Feb 10, 2009 10:36 am

A great site that I found useful especially from a returning S'porean mummy who stayed around Asia for most of the last 10 years! It'll be great to hear more how we can immerse our kids into the system - and getting to the choice of schools which are popular! Kudos to ChiefKiasu

mummypumpkin
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Re: Mummy mummypumpkin: Greetings to All Parents!

Postby ChiefKiasu » Tue Feb 10, 2009 10:16 pm

mummypumpkin wrote:A great site that I found useful especially from a returning S'porean mummy who stayed around Asia for most of the last 10 years! It'll be great to hear more how we can immerse our kids into the system - and getting to the choice of schools which are popular! Kudos to ChiefKiasu

Hi mummypumpkin, welcome to KiasuParents.com and thank you for your kind compliments! Which country in Asia did you spend most of your time in?

ChiefKiasu
Site Admin

Postby mummypumpkin » Tue Feb 10, 2009 10:27 pm

Hi there! I actually was in the US, then HKG & the last 5 yrs in Kuala Lumpur. Reading info from here is an eye opener (or should I say stressful) how to determine one's chances to enrol to the school of choice! I will be asking more questions in time as we intend to move back to Singapore. Now the question is where should we reside. Cheers!

mummypumpkin
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Postby ChiefKiasu » Tue Feb 10, 2009 10:44 pm

mummypumpkin wrote:Hi there! I actually was in the US, then HKG & the last 5 yrs in Kuala Lumpur. Reading info from here is an eye opener (or should I say stressful) how to determine one's chances to enrol to the school of choice! I will be asking more questions in time as we intend to move back to Singapore. Now the question is where should we reside. Cheers!

Ah... the US. How long were you there for?

Actually, it is only stressful if you insist on trying to go for the top schools. We put up the balloting history and top school rankings so that people know which schools to avoid if they don't want the stress. So you need to do first do a bit of research on what kind of education is most suited for your child.

ChiefKiasu
Site Admin

Return to Newbies & Clubs