Mummy twins: Greetings everyone!

Newbies report here first! And if you feel like you would like your own club, come and create one yourself too.

Mummy twins: Greetings everyone!

Postby Twins » Wed Feb 11, 2009 4:21 pm

Am a newbie here with 6-yr-old twins and a 4 yr old. This site is very interesting and an eye-opener for me...a newbie to P1!!

Twins
GreenBelt
GreenBelt
 
Posts: 133
Joined: Fri Jan 30, 2009 9:13 am
Total Likes: 0


Re: Greetings everyone!

Postby jedamum » Wed Feb 11, 2009 9:05 pm

oohh...twins for firstborn! what's your motivation of having a 3rd one? :wink:
:| Newbie to P1? of Newbie looking for P1 info?
welcome to KSP. 8)

jedamum
Councillor
Councillor
 
Posts: 8515
Joined: Thu Jan 10, 2008 3:58 pm
Total Likes: 20


Re: Greetings everyone!

Postby Twins » Thu Feb 12, 2009 9:49 am

jedamum wrote:oohh...twins for firstborn! what's your motivation of having a 3rd one? :wink:
:| Newbie to P1? of Newbie looking for P1 info?
welcome to KSP. 8)


Yeh, double trouble :x , but mostly double blessings!! My 3rd one was unplanned, so u can imagine the initial surprise (err, dont like to use the word "shock" :?: ..) we had.

Newbie to P1 info is what I meant ... with all this phase 1,2,3 stuff, and the syllabus is now so different from my time, and all these enrichment classes parents are sending kids to - - I personally dont envy the kids of now!!

BTW, I notice some of u "old timers" have got brown / yellow etc belts. Do they signify anything in particular?

Thanks!

Twins
GreenBelt
GreenBelt
 
Posts: 133
Joined: Fri Jan 30, 2009 9:13 am
Total Likes: 0


Re: Greetings everyone!

Postby jedamum » Thu Feb 12, 2009 10:35 am

Twins wrote:BTW, I notice some of u "old timers" have got brown / yellow etc belts. Do they signify anything in particular?
!

just for the fun of it, they refer to the amount of posts we have posted. :wink:

jedamum
Councillor
Councillor
 
Posts: 8515
Joined: Thu Jan 10, 2008 3:58 pm
Total Likes: 20


Mummytwins

Postby vividlaurel » Thu Feb 12, 2009 11:33 am

Hi Mummytwins,

I am also a mum to twins :D who are going to be 6 this year. P1 in 2010! So are your twins id or frat? I have a girl/boy combo. Welcome to KP, from one newbie to another! :wink:

vividlaurel

vividlaurel
BrownBelt
BrownBelt
 
Posts: 530
Joined: Tue Nov 25, 2008 12:56 pm
Total Likes: 0



Postby Twins » Thu Feb 12, 2009 3:02 pm

Hi vividlaurel

Mine are fraternal - both boys. Are yours the first 2 children? What have you in mind for choice of your kids' school?

Nice to meet you and thanks for the warm welcome!

Twins
GreenBelt
GreenBelt
 
Posts: 133
Joined: Fri Jan 30, 2009 9:13 am
Total Likes: 0


Postby vividlaurel » Thu Feb 12, 2009 3:16 pm

Hi Mummytwins,

Yes, first and only kids! Two boys! They must be a handful. So how are you managing with them? In fact I just posted a message about how to manage twins and prepare them for P1. Looks like I have a long way to go before they are ready.

Since we live in Bukit Panjang, I am looking at the new school Beacon Primary. What about you? Which schools are you looking at?

Twins wrote:Hi vividlaurel

Mine are fraternal - both boys. Are yours the first 2 children? What have you in mind for choice of your kids' school?

Nice to meet you and thanks for the warm welcome!

vividlaurel
BrownBelt
BrownBelt
 
Posts: 530
Joined: Tue Nov 25, 2008 12:56 pm
Total Likes: 0


Postby Twins » Thu Feb 12, 2009 3:36 pm

Hi vividlaurel

Yes, yes, they can be quite a handful but it gets better as they're old enuf to reason with now. Also plus the fact both are boys, they do play with each other, and that helps to give me some "downtime" to do my own things. :D

We live in Marine Parade and I'm considering Tao Nan (phase 2C) and Ngee Ann Primary. I'm undecided on Tao Nan cos I have heard stories of the amount of stress both kids and parents go thru due to the high standards of the school....and wonder if I am "spoiling my boys' childhood" by putting them thru this. Of cos, there's also no guarantee we'll get the school cos most probably it will be balloting for Phase 2C.
Sigh....decisions, decisions... :?


Twins

Twins
GreenBelt
GreenBelt
 
Posts: 133
Joined: Fri Jan 30, 2009 9:13 am
Total Likes: 0


Postby ChiefKiasu » Thu Feb 12, 2009 3:43 pm

Twins wrote:...Of cos, there's also no guarantee we'll get the school cos most probably it will be balloting for Phase 2C.
Sigh....decisions, decisions... :?


For what it's worth, twins literally get double the chance of success in a ballot. They get 2 votes in the ballot, and when one wins, the other automatically wins too.

ChiefKiasu
Site Admin
 
Posts: 15221
Joined: Mon Sep 03, 2007 9:16 am
Location: Singapore
Total Likes: 319


Postby vividlaurel » Thu Feb 12, 2009 4:01 pm

Twins wrote:Hi vividlaurel

We live in Marine Parade and I'm considering Tao Nan (phase 2C) and Ngee Ann Primary. I'm undecided on Tao Nan cos I have heard stories of the amount of stress both kids and parents go thru due to the high standards of the school....and wonder if I am "spoiling my boys' childhood" by putting them thru this. Of cos, there's also no guarantee we'll get the school cos most probably it will be balloting for Phase 2C.
Sigh....decisions, decisions... :?


Twins


I know the feeling! :cry: That was the only reason I decided to be a PV, wanted to get the stress of balloting out of the way. Now if I can find some way to finish my 40 hours, I'll be relieved.

Yes, Chief, twins get a single (or double) chance - they are treated as one and this was something I didn't know before (and worried my head out about a scenario where one gets in and the other doesn't - imagine 2 schools - sure shot receipe to go mad!)

Well I believe that children are resilient and if you feel that your children, and most importantly you can cope with the school, then by all means go ahead with Tao Nan. Remember you can only register in one school during Phase 2C and if you have registered in one school and then want the other, you need to withdraw from school 1 and go to school 2 to register. As for 'spoiling the childhood', I wonder if in Singapore, there are any children left, particularly in K1 and K2 who even have a childhood anymore, what with kindergarten and enrichment classes! :(

vividlaurel
BrownBelt
BrownBelt
 
Posts: 530
Joined: Tue Nov 25, 2008 12:56 pm
Total Likes: 0


Next

Return to Newbies & Clubs