Mummy mummy_of_3: hello everyone!

Newbies report here first! And if you feel like you would like your own club, come and create one yourself too.

Mummy mummy_of_3: hello everyone!

Postby mummy_of_3 » Tue May 13, 2008 3:40 pm

Hello everyone!

Very glad that I stumbled onto this website and able to find out what are on the minds of other parents :D

I am a full time mum with 3 kids; 8, 7 and 5. I run my own e-commerce business at the same time to generate income for the family so as to maintain my flexi-hours.

Hope to be able to learn from everyone here and contribute whatever I can too :)

mummy_of_3
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Re: hello everyone!

Postby ChiefKiasu » Tue May 13, 2008 8:09 pm

Welcome, mummy_of_3! Great to find an entrepreneur in our midst. Hard to classify you... are you are Stay-At-Home-Mum or a Full-Time-Working-Mum??

It would be interesting to find out more about how you manage to stay home and earn an income. I'm sure lots of other SAHMs (or for the matter, SAHDs) will want to know!

What e-commerce site do you engage in? E-bay?

ChiefKiasu
Site Admin

Re: hello everyone!

Postby mummy_of_3 » Wed May 14, 2008 12:09 am

ChiefKiasu wrote:Welcome, mummy_of_3! Great to find an entrepreneur in our midst. Hard to classify you... are you are Stay-At-Home-Mum or a Full-Time-Working-Mum??

It would be interesting to find out more about how you manage to stay home and earn an income. I'm sure lots of other SAHMs (or for the matter, SAHDs) will want to know!

What e-commerce site do you engage in? E-bay?

You are not the 1st to ask this question :) I would love to be known as a full time mum 1st and foremost because that was the only reason why I started the e-commerce biz in the 1st place, worked hard at it for 2 years part time, so that I could walk away from my full time job as an asst logistics manager a year back.

I wouldn't call myself a stay at home mum because I don't do alot of housework and cooking. I got a help around that does that, which I am very grateful for. I spend all my mornings guiding my kids in their work before they go off to school and then spend the afternoons on my biz. My biz still requires me to meet up with people, which keeps me sane :D as I still need lots of adult conversations, other than with my hubby of course.

And yep, it runs pretty much like e-bay, except it uses the private franchising model. I work with a USA company called Alticor, which owns Amway here in Singapore.

mummy_of_3
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Postby mintcc » Wed May 14, 2008 11:25 am

Hi Mummy of 3,

I think that's a great way to spend more time with the kids and stilll make a good income for our kids future. Perhaps we can start a thread on ideas to work part time for stay at home mums and dads or those who aim to be stay at home mum and dads one day.

mintcc
BlackBelt
BlackBelt

Postby mummy_of_3 » Wed May 14, 2008 1:09 pm

mincy wrote:Hi Mummy of 3,

I think that's a great way to spend more time with the kids and stilll make a good income for our kids future. Perhaps we can start a thread on ideas to work part time for stay at home mums and dads or those who aim to be stay at home mum and dads one day.

Thank you Mincy for your uplifting words. Very much appreciated :)

I don't know about you but for myself, I always believed that society issues very often come about because of the weakness in the family unit. That is why despite objections from my in-laws, who felt that as a graduate, I should not waste my education, I still felt strongly about replacing my income inorder to have the option to stay home. 1 year has passed but I wake up very morning, thankful that I made this choice :)

mummy_of_3
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Postby ChiefKiasu » Wed May 14, 2008 11:53 pm

If I'm you and I get to work from home, I'll wake up every AFTERNOON being thankful that I've made that choice :lol:

ChiefKiasu
Site Admin

Postby mummy_of_3 » Thu May 15, 2008 8:02 am

ChiefKiasu wrote:If I'm you and I get to work from home, I'll wake up every AFTERNOON being thankful that I've made that choice :lol:

:lol: that's very tempting except that I get waken every morning by my 3 "alarm clocks" haha either I hear them laughing real loud or fighting real loud :)

btw chief, which forum should I write in if I would like to offer parents here a way to find tutors through me?

mummy_of_3
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Postby ChiefKiasu » Thu May 15, 2008 9:30 am

mummy_of_3 wrote:btw chief, which forum should I write in if I would like to offer parents here a way to find tutors through me?

Hmm... I suppose that should go into the Tuition And Childcare Services forum. You planning on running a tuition centre sweatshop? :D :D

ChiefKiasu
Site Admin

Postby mummy_of_3 » Thu May 15, 2008 11:13 am

ChiefKiasu wrote:
mummy_of_3 wrote:btw chief, which forum should I write in if I would like to offer parents here a way to find tutors through me?

Hmm... I suppose that should go into the Tuition And Childcare Services forum. You planning on running a tuition centre sweatshop? :D :D

No lah. I have a friend of mine who asked me to help him free lance as a tuition co-ordinator. He got quite a huge data base of tutors in his hands, including a number of current teachers. So I am thinking why not, since it's done at my own time and pace? Any way to network and earn extra income for my 3 angels would be good, as long as I get to have flexi hours and personally guide them :D

mummy_of_3
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Postby jedamum » Thu May 15, 2008 2:30 pm

mummy_of_3 wrote:
That is why despite objections from my in-laws, who felt that as a graduate, I should not waste my education, I still felt strongly about replacing my income inorder to have the option to stay home. 1 year has passed but I wake up very morning, thankful that I made this choice :)

these days, it is pretty common to find sahm who are graduates. guess what? after a uphill task of juggling school, work and family, i graduated in sep 2006 (after doing my part time degree along with my part time work whilst I am preggy with No. 2) and became a sahm in oct 2006. :roll:

jedamum
Councillor
Councillor

Next

Return to Newbies & Clubs