Mummy Starling: Hello to all parents!!

Newbies report here first! And if you feel like you would like your own club, come and create one yourself too.

Mummy Starling: Hello to all parents!!

Postby Starling » Wed Feb 18, 2009 11:57 pm

Hello everyone..my friend recommended me to this forum & I have been hooked, trying to log in nightly to read for information & tips,etc

I am a full-time working mum of a 3.5 years old boy & a 10mth old daughter. Time is forever tight..but I am enjoying every minute of their formation years...

Starling
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt
 
Posts: 34
Joined: Sat Feb 07, 2009 11:03 pm
Total Likes: 0


Re: Hello to all parents!!

Postby buds » Thu Feb 19, 2009 12:02 am

Starling wrote:Hello everyone..my friend recommended me to this forum & I have been hooked, trying to log in nightly to read for information & tips,etc...


Yeah, i know the feeling (HOOKED!)
Hehehee!

Heyya, Starling..
:welcome: to KiasuParents, ya!

I'm a night-time logger too.
Insomniac.

Starling wrote:I am a full-time working mum of a 3.5 years old boy & a 10mth old daughter. Time is forever tight..but I am enjoying every minute of their formation years...


Waah... You not tired ah? Whole day working, then spend time with
children and hubs, then come to forum? You got keep spare battery,
ah? :wink:

buds
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
 
Posts: 22673
Joined: Wed Dec 31, 2008 3:21 am
Total Likes: 84


Postby Starling » Fri Feb 20, 2009 12:00 am

hi Buds..

thanks for the warm welcome...

yes very tiring after a long day & night time is the only precious time I can afford for myself...battery had to be recharged very often...

Starling
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt
 
Posts: 34
Joined: Sat Feb 07, 2009 11:03 pm
Total Likes: 0


Postby ZacK » Fri Feb 20, 2009 1:05 am

Starling wrote:hi Buds..

thanks for the warm welcome...

yes very tiring after a long day & night time is the only precious time I can afford for myself...battery had to be recharged very often...


Hahaha same here as whole day at work can be very draining ... But I still surf the web (visit 3 diff forums almost every night) till I'm tired so that dun have to toss and turn in bed. Usually when I hit the bed, I zonk out in less than 10min :snooze:

ZacK
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
 
Posts: 2396
Joined: Sun Jul 13, 2008 9:19 pm
Total Likes: 0


Postby jedamum » Fri Feb 20, 2009 6:35 am

ZacK wrote:
Starling wrote:..battery had to be recharged very often...

I still surf the web (visit 3 diff forums almost every night) till I'm tired so that dun have to toss and turn in bed.

Hi Starling,
To me and my husband, this seat by the computer is like a charger...somehow when we are seated here, we get recharged. :D

Welcome to KSP. 8)

Zack,
As above, i usually can't surf the net intensively prior to bedtime....will have difficulty getting off the seat, let alone fall asleep with all the activity still in my mind. :D

jedamum
Councillor
Councillor
 
Posts: 8514
Joined: Thu Jan 10, 2008 3:58 pm
Total Likes: 20



Nocturnal species

Postby buds » Fri Feb 20, 2009 2:04 pm

ZacK wrote:
Starling wrote:hi Buds..

thanks for the warm welcome...

yes very tiring after a long day & night time is the only precious time I can afford for myself...battery had to be recharged very often...


Hahaha same here as whole day at work can be very draining ... But I still surf the web (visit 3 diff forums almost every night) till I'm tired so that dun have to toss and turn in bed. Usually when I hit the bed, I zonk out in less than 10min :snooze:


No matter how much i try, i WILL ALWAYS toss and turn in bed.
Which seriously, gives me more of a headache than feel sleepy.
I'll get restless and just get out of bed. Doing something than
staring at the ceiling is more meaningful la, i suppose.

Even after, ehem... cough... cough... after a "fantastic night workout"
i still can't. I'll acceed to the after "workout" cuddle for hubs sake and
once he starts sleeping like a baby... (which is usually 1 minute),
... sigh... envy... then i'll get out of bed, surf net, fold clothes,
prepare the ingredients for following day's breakfast, lunch and dinner,
watch TV re-runs until sometimes i see the re-runs running again even..
(i dun have cable)... The only thing i dun do (anymore) is the night
binge-ing. It seriously isn't healthy.

If i recharge (take short naps), i will be a total zombie.
And i dun take coffee, unless reali reali reeeeaaally feel like one
good hot cuppa, then i take, but must have lotsa milk to hopefully
reduce the caffeine effect of staying awake.

There are many occasions where i totally don't sleep too.
I'll be awake till i wake the kiddies up for school, prepare
b'fast... wake hubs... prepare compulsory coffee... send
everyone off, then i konk out. So thats almost 24hrs awake
at a stretch sometimes.

So, the only gd time i CAN sleep is when everyone's gone
during the day (if i am sleepy). Body tired, eyes cannot close.

As for forums, this is the only one i faithfully come to and never
visited others for that matter. Any other variety to recommend?

buds
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
 
Posts: 22673
Joined: Wed Dec 31, 2008 3:21 am
Total Likes: 84



Return to Newbies & Clubs