Mummy KSMUM reporting

Newbies report here first! And if you feel like you would like your own club, come and create one yourself too.

Mummy KSMUM reporting

Postby KSMUM » Tue Mar 11, 2008 9:47 am

Hi.... I didn't know Newbies needs to do reporting.... look like a army ... :lol:

I am a mother of 1 girl 2 years of ages... very problematic girl will lots of health problem since birth...

............ :cry:

KSMUM
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby ChiefKiasu » Tue Mar 11, 2008 10:42 am

KSMUM wrote:Hi.... I didn't know Newbies needs to do reporting.... look like a army ... :lol:

I am a mother of 1 girl 2 years of ages... very problematic girl will lots of health problem since birth...

Welcome, KSMUM! Yes, we are an army of new parents... still learning how handle our young kids - too bad they don't come with manuals :)

Should try to get your kid to exercise and sweat on a daily basis, eg. walk or jog around the estate for at least half hour continuously. You will find that will help build up her body resistance and she will not fall sick so easily. Or climb up the stairs once a day. That's what we do in the army :). Cheaper and more effective than going to those special toddler gym classes!

ChiefKiasu
Site Admin

Postby KSMUM » Tue Mar 11, 2008 10:57 am

The problem with my girl is that she has some deficiency in her immume system so she can easier catch virus or bateria infection. When she was at 18th Month, she went through a major surgery. Now she has Atopic rash, and has to applied steriod cream for the next 6 week. The doctor say she will out grow the rash. She has this red spot all over hers .. sometime I can feel she is so embrassed to go out or go to school. I feel so Sad... :cry:

KSMUM
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby ChiefKiasu » Tue Mar 11, 2008 11:46 am

KSMUM wrote:The problem with my girl is that she has some deficiency in her immume system so she can easier catch virus or bateria infection. When she was at 18th Month, she went through a major surgery. Now she has Atopic rash, and has to applied steriod cream for the next 6 week. The doctor say she will out grow the rash. She has this red spot all over hers .. sometime I can feel she is so embrassed to go out or go to school. I feel so Sad... :cry:

That is sad to hear. We know there's nothing more worrying for a parent than a sick child, so our hearts are with you. But you must be strong and continue to support your child, but don't overdo your care. Don't make her FEEL sick or different from other children. Find ways to help her manage her self-awareness about her appearance. Take comfort with the thought that both yourself and your child will grow to become stronger from the experience.

ChiefKiasu
Site Admin

Postby KSMUM » Tue Mar 11, 2008 2:42 pm

Actually we learn alot from each other especially during her hospitalisation time.. she has been strong and stay positive.. However, I feel that most parent can't differential between rash and chickpox , thus most of the parent will pull their kids away andl aviod my girl as they think she has chickpox or some sort of disease.

KSMUM
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby ChiefKiasu » Tue Mar 11, 2008 3:00 pm

KSMUM wrote:Actually we learn alot from each other especially during her hospitalisation time.. she has been strong and stay positive.. However, I feel that most parent can't differential between rash and chickpox , thus most of the parent will pull their kids away andl aviod my girl as they think she has chickpox or some sort of disease.

People can be cruel without even knowing how their actions can hurt others. I came across the following story which I thought was very heart-warming and relevant:
"My daughter (now eighteen) was born with a hemangioma tumor by her eye. At first it was small, and hardly noticeable. At five months, the size of a nickel. Everytime I took her out, people could not hold their comments to themselves. "Who hit her?", "Is that a bug bite?" I never could think of an appropriate response for these people. I was taught to be kind and understanding, and assumed that other people had been taught these attributes. One day I was at the mall, with my 3-year-old son, my daughter, and at this time pregnant with my third child. A woman approached me, I thought here we go again.

She said that God must not have wanted my daughter to leave Him, as he left her with a kiss. She went on to say that babies with these kisses were always surrounded by angels. I was stunned. What a kinder, more loving approach to someone with a problem. My daughter will graduate this year from High School. She is beautiful. Her early years were spent in and out of doctors. Finally the tumor was removed, because it blocked her vision. It is not noticeable except in the bright sun. She spent this year as the dance sterling scholar for our school. She danced for 4 years on our dance/drill team. She had received many scholarships. Her life is wonderful. The woman in the mall made me a better parent. Perhaps, this story will help make someone else a better parent, too.
"

ChiefKiasu
Site Admin

Postby KSMUM » Tue Mar 11, 2008 3:10 pm

Thanks for sharing such a touching story. I believe that every children is a gift from GOD..they are special in their own way. However, I will seek all parents to be more understanding when they see a child or even an adult that is different from others and not give them the "LOOK" as if they are aliens.

I am very glad i found this forum .. I find there is alot fo things that I can learn more about parenting ..

KSMUM
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby super_dad » Wed Mar 12, 2008 6:02 pm

KSMUM wrote:Hi.... I didn't know Newbies needs to do reporting.... look like a army ... :lol:

Hey, welcome.

Actually, each newbie was supposed to start their own thread...but looks like all zoom in into this. :)

super_dad
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Return to Newbies & Clubs