Mummy mummydada: wana be KS too

Newbies report here first! And if you feel like you would like your own club, come and create one yourself too.

Mummy mummydada: wana be KS too

Postby mummydada » Thu Feb 26, 2009 12:59 pm

Hi all,

I'm mummy to a 5yrs old gal, K1 now.
Wana know if she is on par with other 5yrs old or she have lots to catch up. :D
I hope she is fully prepared b4 sending her to P1.

Right now,
She is having enrichment course like Phonics, Speech and Drama and Chinese Enrichment.

And is tinking of music and dance courses for her too. Is it too much for her? But its getting a bit hard on our pockets though. keke...

Her Phonics teacher keep reminding me to correct the way she hold the pencil. It will affect her stroke. Tried but its seem hard to change.

My ger get angry easily. How to change it? mild it? Bring her to mediatation class? :?

mummydada
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Re: Mummy mummydada: wana be KS too

Postby ChiefKiasu » Fri Feb 27, 2009 10:48 pm

mummydada wrote:...I'm mummy to a 5yrs old gal, K1 now.
Wana know if she is on par with other 5yrs old or she have lots to catch up. :D
I hope she is fully prepared b4 sending her to P1.

Welcome to KiasuParents.com, mummydada!

While we call ourselves KiasuParents, one of the things we don't do is to compare our children with others. It's a pointless and futile exercise, and can only lead to more stress. Every child has his/her own strengths, and they grow at different speeds under different environments.

As KiasuParents, we look inwards into our own effectiveness as parents to our children. We want to give our children our best efforts as parents. And the best gift we can give to our children is our time. How good and "smart" our children become is a function of how much time we ourselves have spent teaching them. Behind most successful primary school children are parents who have dedicated themselves to grooming their children.

ChiefKiasu
Site Admin

Postby shylyn » Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:34 pm

Allo Mummydada

Welcome to KS parents as well! Initially i didn't know who u r..but after reading e other thread..hee... :D Nice to chat w u here as well! sure u will find lotsa useful info here..free must also join in the forum discussion ok?? Chat w u soon!

shylyn
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Return to Newbies & Clubs