Hello everyone!

Newbies report here first! And if you feel like you would like your own club, come and create one yourself too.

Hello everyone!

Postby Bubbles in heaven » Sat Jun 18, 2011 8:45 am

Hello, I am a working mother. My daughter is 5 years old. Attending a childcare centre in Sembawang area.

Bubbles in heaven
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Re: Hello everyone!

Postby Bubbles in heaven » Sat Jun 18, 2011 8:59 am

On Thursday, a kid from her class threw away all her pencils and colour pencils, 2 water bottles and a communication booklet which were put at different places. The teacher said she did not witness this because she and the students were in another class. The things she threw away were never found. That kid claimed she wanted to drink water and went back to the classroom herself and then threw the things out of window. But she admitted she did it. Now the mother of the kid wants witness and never says a word of apology. I am quite dissappointed in the way the childcare management handle in this matter. On Thursday, no one gave me a detail of what happened. On the second day, the teacher supposed to call me to explain but never did. When I called them, the supevisor said the case was still under investigation and they could only advise on next Monday. I just want a full details of what happen and what they wanted to do about the kid and why that kid did this. My child has feedbacked that this kid has always pinched her and scolded her when she cried in the class. Not sure if I should start looking for another better child care centre.

Bubbles in heaven
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Postby smartmummy » Sat Jun 18, 2011 9:36 am

:welcome:

Sorry.I don't have any child care experience.You seek help here by posting in respective place.You can see chilcare under entrichment courses category.Good Luck!

smartmummy
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby BlurBee » Sat Jun 18, 2011 10:01 am

Do monitor the situation. If it get worse, then better change a childcare centre.

BlurBee
Councillor
Councillor

Postby Bubbles in heaven » Sat Jun 18, 2011 10:22 am

Ok thanks. Will start the search now. Just in case.

Bubbles in heaven
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Postby tankee » Sat Jun 18, 2011 11:36 am

:welcome: to KSP

seems that the teachers at that child care are quite inexperience? :?

for the time being, request that the "bully" and your girl be placed in separate group to minimize contact. And start searching for a different child care.

tankee
Site Admin

Postby johnrichard » Sat Jun 18, 2011 2:05 pm

I'm also a newbie here. I'm sure we have to make it useful our stay here.

johnrichard
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Postby Bubbles in heaven » Sun Jun 19, 2011 9:11 am

Yes, they had the intention to separate the 2 children by putting them at different tables. Thank you for your advice. I will start the search. I am living in Woodlands, unfortunately, we had a lot of young children in our areas but not many good standard childcare centres available.

Bubbles in heaven
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Postby LKVM » Mon Jun 20, 2011 10:25 am

Welcome to KSP

:welcome: :welcome:

LKVM
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby poppy15 » Mon Jun 20, 2011 4:37 pm

not only at different tables, but check if it is possible to change class?

if the child has own up to her mischief, hw can the mother still behave as if nothing happens... :shock:

i believe the sch is hoping u will not pursue the matter, so they keep on giving u excuses...

scout ard for a better CC bah... no point in letting ur child go to sch in fear everyday. :smile:

poppy15
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Next

Return to Newbies & Clubs