Mummy Hifive: new member

Newbies report here first! And if you feel like you would like your own club, come and create one yourself too.

Mummy Hifive: new member

Postby Hifive » Sun Mar 15, 2009 8:44 pm

Dear All

I'm new to this forum. Find this forum very informative and useful.

I'm a SAHM with a 10 yr old and 26 months old sons. Hope to learn from all of you.

Cheers!

Hifive
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby Addoil » Mon Mar 16, 2009 2:23 pm

Hi Hifive

Welcome to KSP family :D

Is ur 26 month son born in Dec 2006?

Addoil
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Postby Hifive » Mon Mar 16, 2009 4:10 pm

Hi Addoil

That's a good guess. Yes, he's born in Dec 2006.

Now trying to find a good preschool for him, still searching... Any recommendation?

Regards

Hifive
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby ChiefKiasu » Mon Mar 16, 2009 10:12 pm

Hifive wrote:Hi Addoil

That's a good guess. Yes, he's born in Dec 2006.

Now trying to find a good preschool for him, still searching... Any recommendation?

Regards

Welcome Hifive! You should check out our Childcare Forum for recommendations. Provide as much detail as you can and you should find people willing to help you out.

ChiefKiasu
Site Admin

Postby jedamum » Tue Mar 17, 2009 1:12 am

Hifive wrote: Yes, he's born in Dec 2006.

Hi Hifive,
I have 2 boys too. My ds2 is born in Nov 2006. Still not talking well. Still can't sit still. Very adventurous. Don't want me to hold his hands when we are out. Not that he can't understand instructions, but he chooses not to listen (many a times, a bribe/threat and he'll do as I say without further hesitation :roll: ). He is poles apart from his elder bro (P1), who speaks well at a young age, can sit down to do work quietly when young, very UNadventurous, still holds my hand (now) when we go out, and does not buckle/give in under any bribe/threat - sometimes he'll make me feel guilty instead for bribing/threatening him :roll: . But both of them gets along pretty well! :D

Before I forget....Welcome to KSP 8)

jedamum
Councillor
Councillor

Postby Hifive » Tue Mar 17, 2009 8:25 am

Hi Jedamum

Thank you!

My 26 month old son can communicate quite well with us but very very stubborn. He can say 'no, i don't want' to quite a lot of things you wanted him to do. When I want to teach him something, he will take over whatever you have and say 'i teach you'. Wow need a lot of patience handling him as compared to my elder one :pray: .

Still trying to work on my 2 sons, the younger one will always scream when his elder brother touches his toys (when the elder one meant to play with him).

Is your ds2 attending any preschool at the moment?
Need other parents' view / experience. I'm considering to send him to a 3-hr program in a montessori kindy. Still can't decide yet.

Hifive
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby Hifive » Tue Mar 17, 2009 8:27 am

Hi ChiefKiasu

Thank you. I'll definitely check on the sections. :D

Hifive
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby Addoil » Tue Mar 17, 2009 11:06 am

halo hifive

My ds also born in Dec2006 ( also same year with jedamum ). I am always thinking that he is 2++ yo, but actually he is consider 3 yo if we are refering to school age :cry: Heard some ppl said that yr end child might be more unfair in the way that their peer already learn a lot of things during the year, and he just came out end of the year--Dec. ha ha.. don't know is true or not. I think it should be depend on the child ability. What do you think?

halo jedamum

my son also not very well in talking. He like to sing baba black sheep, his pronunciation still not very clear, i think slowly they will be improve. :pray:

Addoil
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Postby jedamum » Tue Mar 17, 2009 1:55 pm

Hifive wrote:He can say 'no, i don't want' to quite a lot of things you wanted him to do.

My ds2's fav few is '不要'(aka 'NO' in mandarin) and "MUMMY WHERE ARE YOU!!" when he can't find me. I have taught him to say "Play with me" if he wants us to play with him, but it ended up sounding like " me" (aka 'accompany' me in mandarin) :roll: ...anyway, it's serves his purpose of asking us to play with him :wink:

Hifive wrote:Still trying to work on my 2 sons, the younger one will always scream when his elder brother touches his toys (when the elder one meant to play with him).

My ds1 is the one who will get angry when his younger bro touches his toys...he'll not scold his bro..he'll get angry at me instead, cos I am suppose to ensure that his bro doesn't get to his toys when he is not around. Ds1 is pretty good at coaxing ds2 to share his toys - by offering to play with him!

Hifive wrote:Is your ds2 attending any preschool at the moment?
Need other parents' view / experience. I'm considering to send him to a 3-hr program in a montessori kindy. Still can't decide yet.

ds2 will be starting his PreN in July (2.5yo, min MCYS requirement for regular PreN). Montessori is not bad if your kid can sit down and do stuff. I tried the montessori parent-child playgroup trial...my boy walked around most of the time and i ended up doing his art work. his fav is the last 10min music and dance time :wink:.

Addoil wrote:halo hifive

My ds also born in Dec2006 ( also same year with jedamum ). I am always thinking that he is 2++ yo, but actually he is consider 3 yo if we are refering to school age :cry: Heard some ppl said that yr end child might be more unfair in the way that their peer already learn a lot of things during the year, and he just came out end of the year--Dec. ha ha.. don't know is true or not. I think it should be depend on the child ability. What do you think?

Addoil,
My Nov06 kid looks like 4 yo - he was standing next to a PCF boy (which i assume is in nursery), and appears significantly taller. His only giveaway is his blabbering and childlike nature :wink:
I am ready to accept that year-end babies will lose out academically (especially boys, given their playful nature). So I may not be taking the 'academic' route for my ds2 (due to his nature - although min. requirements must be met to stay in the mainstream). Ds2 has very good motorskills and stamina (which may appear hyper/over active). We are possibly looking at sports/fitness development for him instead :wink:.

Addoil wrote:
my son also not very well in talking. He like to sing baba black sheep, his pronunciation still not very clear, i think slowly they will be improve. :pray:

my boy...'baa baa black sheep...happy happy wool' :roll: :wink:

jedamum
Councillor
Councillor

Postby Addoil » Tue Mar 17, 2009 4:45 pm

jedamum

as what you mention, let it be nature, if they can of course is good, if really difficult to catch up, just need to spend more time with him.

by the way, u or ur hubby who is taller? :wink:

Addoil
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Next

Return to Newbies & Clubs