Mummy Mamii says Hi

Newbies report here first! And if you feel like you would like your own club, come and create one yourself too.

Mummy Mamii says Hi

Postby mamii » Thu Mar 19, 2009 1:35 am

Hi everyone, I am new here, I am a SAHM with a 20 month boy. I really enjoy reading the forum and hope i can contribute too.

By the way, Chief, I read in one posts that can look up PA courses can you pls provide me the link ? I tried www.pa.gov.sg but did not seem to be working, quite confuse with the website. I am looking for preschool or playgroup or related activities for my boy. TIA

best to all

mamii
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Re: Mamii says Hi

Postby jedamum » Thu Mar 19, 2009 9:03 am

Hi mamii,

I am a SAHM too. Youngest boy turning 28mth old this month.

You can try here for the PA courses. I usually use the "Advanced Search" function.

Welcome to KSP 8)

jedamum
Councillor
Councillor

Postby mamii » Sun Mar 22, 2009 1:27 am

Thanks jedamum. Not easy being a SAHM, ever thought of quitting ? I do think about it once in a while.

mamii
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Postby jedamum » Sun Mar 22, 2009 10:08 am

It's the extra money that keep enticing me to re-enter the workforce :roll: .
Maybe I would, but if i do, I won't be going back to my former line - my ds1 had to remind me that he waited up for me at the gate until 11pm...he was only 3yo back then and still remembers it now :roll:

jedamum
Councillor
Councillor

Postby buds » Sun Mar 22, 2009 2:34 pm

Yeah jedamum...
It'll always be that
extra-moolah $$$
reason.

Wah, what office close
until so late? Really??
Your son can remember
you were always home
late from 3yrs old till
today? Oooooh..
Your MIL so good.
My MIL if my hubs
comes back first
from work, when i
get back i sure kena.
:cry:

Heyya mamii!
Welcome to KiasuParents!
What makes you think of
quitting the SAHM position
sometimes.

Oh, btw i have two girls.
One 5 and another 7.
So, its not so bad for
me being SAHM now
compared to when they
were younger...

buds
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby jedamum » Sun Mar 22, 2009 2:56 pm

buds wrote:Wah, what office close
until so late? Really??
Your son can remember
you were always home
late from 3yrs old till
today? Oooooh..
Your MIL so good.

The office never closes. Some people work up to the next morning to rush deadlines, go home for a shower and then go back to work in the morning.

Of course will have the black face la...but what to do? My dh's face is blacker.... :roll: so he (and 'she') is happier keeping me at home now :wink:

jedamum
Councillor
Councillor

Postby buds » Sun Mar 22, 2009 3:06 pm

Sounds like a busy newsroom environment.
No wonder he prefers you home...
But if you go for the school counsellor job.
follow school hours, so not bad lah.

buds
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby mamii » Mon Mar 23, 2009 1:14 am

jedamum, wah your boy got such good memory to remember that, he must miss you a lot to wait up for you. Your DH only black face ah .. i think mine would turn me upside down :lol:

Hi buds, 2 girls, can take a breather now they are older and more independent, do they sometimes take care of you instead ? heee hee i guess girls are more caring in general.

hmm for me, everything adds up, my boy was quite difficult to handle when he was a baby, he had milk and urine reflux, and cried a lot and refused to be put down, i had to carry him to sleep till almost 12 months. It is a blessing that he is well now with no more reflux.

I live with PIL so discipline is an issue, as usual they dote on him a lot.DH and I dont agree on certain issues so that makes things more difficult, but still ok lah.

hmm i had always envisioned myself to be a good SAHM, doing the house chores, wiping up hot meals and planning lots of activities for my boy before he starts preschool etc etc ... but in reality, none of that has happened .. maybe i am disappointed that I did not make the mark of a good SAHM .. guess have to work harder !!!!

mamii
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Postby jedamum » Mon Mar 23, 2009 7:07 am

mamii wrote:jedamum, wah your boy got such good memory to remember that, he must miss you a lot to wait up for you.

erm...let's just say that he is the sensitive and 'petty' sort :roll: who remembers bad experiences better....

mamii wrote:I live with PIL so discipline is an issue,

you SAHM live with PIL, buds SAHM live with PIL, I SAHM live with PIL - hey, i smell another 'club' brewing...heehee.... :wink:

jedamum
Councillor
Councillor

Postby buds » Mon Mar 23, 2009 9:09 am

PIL live-in club, aye?
:wink:

buds
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Next

Return to Newbies & Clubs