Mummy ANANYA: ello

Newbies report here first! And if you feel like you would like your own club, come and create one yourself too.

Mummy ANANYA: ello

Postby ANANYA » Wed Mar 25, 2009 12:56 pm

hi all...

i'm a 1st time mummy... am due in early aug 09...

ANANYA
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Postby MLR » Wed Mar 25, 2009 1:15 pm

Hiya

Warmest welcome. Expecting princess or prince??

MLR
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Postby ANANYA » Wed Mar 25, 2009 1:16 pm

MLR wrote:Hiya

Warmest welcome. Expecting princess or prince??

am expecting a little prince...

ANANYA
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Postby MLR » Wed Mar 25, 2009 1:29 pm

:congrats:

We have a 2.5yrs old boy.

MLR
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Postby ANANYA » Wed Mar 25, 2009 1:33 pm

MLR wrote::congrats:

We have a 2.5yrs old boy.

thanks MLR....
have been starting to freak out now...
have not got anything ready...
bought a cot at the Motherhood Exhibition and that's it...

ANANYA
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Postby MLR » Wed Mar 25, 2009 2:06 pm

Don't fret. There is still time. Keep a journal, jot down anything that you think about and start making a list of things that you need. I will go look for my list and forward it to you.

If you are ok, asked your friends, cousins for baby clothings and such. Don't get too many new born clothings, cos they grow very quickly during their 1st 3 yrs. He will outgrow them as quickly as every 3 mths in 1st 18 mths.

Also, u will receive lots of gifts (mostly clothings and toys). If u are close to friends, u may want to suggest what u want as gifts. My friends bought steam sterilizer that comes with 4 milk bottles, breast pump with 2 milk bottles, diapers, pram as presents. Babycot was hand me down from my sis, we just bought new mattress, the Avent diaper bag was a gift that I bought for a friend and was passed back to me. At his 1st b'day party, more gifts was received, I ended up with 2 more prams that 1 actually gave one away as gift. This way, u save $$ and also go green and recycle.

Do stock up on diapers and wetwipes, these things go very quickly. In 1st mth, we went thru 8 to 10 pcs of diapers a day, for each change, u need about 2 to 4 pcs of wet wipes. B'cos he went thru diapers very quickly, by his 3rd mth we switch to NTUC diaper (it starts from M size 5kg and above) its cheap and good.

If you are breastfeeding, do go for breastfeeding classes. Also attend antenatal classes if you haven't, it was a great help to us. I delivered in KKH due to my age and thus high risk pregnancy. Where are you delivering?

You can check out KKH classes online: http://www.kkh.com.sg/SharedCMS/Templat ... NT=Guest#1

Hope this is of some help.
:D

MLR
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Postby ANANYA » Wed Mar 25, 2009 5:05 pm

MLR wrote:Don't fret. There is still time. Keep a journal, jot down anything that you think about and start making a list of things that you need. I will go look for my list and forward it to you.

If you are ok, asked your friends, cousins for baby clothings and such. Don't get too many new born clothings, cos they grow very quickly during their 1st 3 yrs. He will outgrow them as quickly as every 3 mths in 1st 18 mths.

Also, u will receive lots of gifts (mostly clothings and toys). If u are close to friends, u may want to suggest what u want as gifts. My friends bought steam sterilizer that comes with 4 milk bottles, breast pump with 2 milk bottles, diapers, pram as presents. Babycot was hand me down from my sis, we just bought new mattress, the Avent diaper bag was a gift that I bought for a friend and was passed back to me. At his 1st b'day party, more gifts was received, I ended up with 2 more prams that 1 actually gave one away as gift. This way, u save $$ and also go green and recycle.

Do stock up on diapers and wetwipes, these things go very quickly. In 1st mth, we went thru 8 to 10 pcs of diapers a day, for each change, u need about 2 to 4 pcs of wet wipes. B'cos he went thru diapers very quickly, by his 3rd mth we switch to NTUC diaper (it starts from M size 5kg and above) its cheap and good.

If you are breastfeeding, do go for breastfeeding classes. Also attend antenatal classes if you haven't, it was a great help to us. I delivered in KKH due to my age and thus high risk pregnancy. Where are you delivering?

Hope this is of some help.
:D

hi dear
im delivering at KKH... our experience @ a private clinic wasn't tat good... my doc @ KKH is Dr Benjamin Tharm... he's pretty friendly... am much more confortable with him... am 27 this year... am working now...am intending to be a stay at home mom once baby is born... i've got my friends and family support but sometimes i just feel overwhelmed with everything...

ANANYA
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Postby MLR » Wed Mar 25, 2009 9:52 pm

My gynae was Dr John Tee. He is very calm and very relaxed, which was very reassuring to us. He did my amnio test, which I was pretty worried about. I didn't felt the needle went in and I only felt in coming out, which was :!: . Cos my friend was totally freaked out by her gynae when he had to poke the needle twice to get the amnio fluid and left a huge bruise on the area.

Its normal to feel that you have tons of things to get ready and at times overwhelmed with lots of advise thrown at you. Just log on to KSP for the tons of info and experiences of all the wonderful members and advise that you can read about.

Great that you can be SAHM to give full attention to precious. All the more you don't hv to fret, cos theres lots of time for you to bond and spend with bb. Unlike WM who after ML will hv to leave bb most time of day to someone else.

Relax and enjoy the rest of your gestation period, cos this will be the last of your alone time/quiet moments and also enjoy last of the just 2 world with your hubs.

:celebrate:

MLR
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Postby ChiefKiasu » Wed Mar 25, 2009 9:57 pm

MLR wrote:My gynae was Dr John Tee...

Hey... he was my wife's gynae too! Shh... we used to call him Lion King because he looked like the Singaporean comedian. He's a great chap, very experienced and senior doctor.

ChiefKiasu
Site Admin

Postby MLR » Thu Mar 26, 2009 4:20 pm

Sori, but which S'porean comedian is Lion King?

I would recommend him to anyone who ask me for contact of gynae. DH think he charges too much for a 30-70 mins wait with less than 10 mins consultation..... :roll: one time couldn't bear it and asked Dr John Tee why so short a consult? He said to DH that it is better to be a short and sweet consult than a lengthy one cos that would mean got problem and that shut DH up straight away HAHAHA. I like his laid back manner, but some parents prefer otherwise. I recommended him to a friend and they stopped going after 2nd consult, b'cos he told them no need to scan bb for every visit and they felt that he doesn't care.

MLR
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Next

Return to Newbies & Clubs