Daddy bubblesnsplashes: Hi All

Newbies report here first! And if you feel like you would like your own club, come and create one yourself too.

Daddy bubblesnsplashes: Hi All

Postby bubblesnsplashes » Wed Mar 25, 2009 10:23 pm

Just drop by to say hi. Buds say should come here first.

:lol:

I am not a daddy but dropping into this forum cause it was highlighted in digital life today.

I am a swimming coach and read about some swimming related questions in the forum and couldn't help giving some tips. Just free feel to post your queries on swimming and I will try to give some answers if I can.

:wink:

bubblesnsplashes
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby MLR » Wed Mar 25, 2009 10:54 pm

Hiya and welcome, your nicks is my son's fav blowing bubbles every possible chance and splashes me wet during bath time... :D

so u not daddy but male in gender? or u r mummy?

MLR
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Postby bubblesnsplashes » Wed Mar 25, 2009 11:16 pm

I am Male

8)

bubblesnsplashes
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby bubblesnsplashes » Wed Mar 25, 2009 11:17 pm

Most kids love to splash water around and it is a bonus if they can splash their parents. :lol:

bubblesnsplashes
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Hi too!

Postby buds » Thu Mar 26, 2009 12:47 am

bubblesnsplashes wrote:Just drop by to say hi. Buds say should come here first. :lol:

Hehee.. Good boy!

bubblesnsplashes wrote:I am not a daddy but dropping into this forum cause it was highlighted in digital life today.

Yes, this forum has since become quite famous cause of the extra
highlight today. So it is indeed a good thing cos we have YOU here
to share your expertise. Your advise will definitely be sought after.

bubblesnsplashes wrote:I am a swimming coach and read about some swimming related questions in the forum and couldn't help giving some tips. Just free feel to post your queries on swimming and I will try to give some answers if I can.

I used to swim competitively (now retired) no longer have the sharks fins,
but can still float. Its a blessing to have my own daddie as my first swim
coach. Lucky me! But its always good to hear sharings from other experts
like yourself too. Provide different angled perspectives for me. Mebbe, i
can consult you on and off in case i decide to go Olympics. Kahkahkah!
Kidding... Kidding...

Share with you something...
My hubs started out can't swim and shy to be in trunks..
When he first wanted to court me, i asked to go to the
beach. He said ok, thinking it was picnic kinda date...
Skali, when i asked him to join me for a dip... brader
shiver before even reaching the sea water. Wah liao..
I tot to myself... wimpy leh, can't swim. He some more
told me not to swim too far lest he will not be able to
rescue me for sure. Kekekkeke.. :lol: :lol: :lol:
On my way back to shore, i saw him squinting like
looking around for me... he chided me for going too
far out to open waters and said to beware of sharks.
Me and my dad had a good laugh after that boy! :lol:

Niwae, that was story from light years liao, now old oredi.
Now we make swimming a family affair. My daddie loves
to bring my kiddies to different pools to play with them and
provide free coaching for them. My luck!

Only problem is i see people sneering at me thinking i am
married to such an old man (my daddie)! :shock:

Human nature..

buds
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Re: bubblesnsplashes: Hi All

Postby jedamum » Thu Mar 26, 2009 1:24 am

hi bubblesnsplashes,

you private coach or swimschool coach?

I didn't know swimming coach can earn much until I did some simple math (ie 3hrs daily x 4 student per hour x 5 sets of student per week x $60 per student = $3,600 :idea: ) - but have not take into account transport fee la!

Call me bias, but personally to me, a swim coach need not be hunky, but must at least be tan....cos that is somewhat evidence of the coach's experience :wink:

parent or not, welcome to KSP 8)

jedamum
Councillor
Councillor

Re: Hi too!

Postby bubblesnsplashes » Thu Mar 26, 2009 7:47 am

buds wrote:Share with you something...
My hubs started out can't swim and shy to be in trunks..
When he first wanted to court me, i asked to go to the
beach. He said ok, thinking it was picnic kinda date...
Skali, when i asked him to join me for a dip... brader
shiver before even reaching the sea water. Wah liao..
I tot to myself... wimpy leh, can't swim. He some more
told me not to swim too far lest he will not be able to
rescue me for sure. Kekekkeke.. :lol: :lol: :lol:
On my way back to shore, i saw him squinting like
looking around for me... he chided me for going too
far out to open waters and said to beware of sharks.
Me and my dad had a good laugh after that boy! :lol:

Niwae, that was story from light years liao, now old oredi.
Now we make swimming a family affair. My daddie loves
to bring my kiddies to different pools to play with them and
provide free coaching for them. My luck!

Human nature..

Haha. That means most guy should either be able to swim or not have a date at the beach. :lol:

bubblesnsplashes
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby bubblesnsplashes » Thu Mar 26, 2009 7:58 am

jedamum wrote:hi bubblesnsplashes,

I didn't know swimming coach can earn much until I did some simple math (ie 3hrs daily x 4 student per hour x 5 sets of student per week x $60 per student = $3,600 :idea: ) - but have not take into account transport fee la!

Call me bias, but personally to me, a swim coach need not be hunky, but must at least be tan....cos that is somewhat evidence of the coach's experience :wink:

Hi Jedamum,

I used to coach for swim school in the past. Had been coaching for 7 years. How time flies. However, now I am coaching on my own although I do help stand in to help if my peers at the school do need help.

The pay is comfortable but nothing fantastic. Usually we need to coach on weekend and it is probably considered skill labour. Most of us also don't get paid if class are cancelled due to bad weather. So the compensation seems quite reasonable to me. :wink:

In the past long long ago, the coaches used to be those who never study much and want to seek a living. Now, alot of the new coaches are more organised and systematic in their teaching, have lesson plans like what school teachers need to have. Quite a number are also degree holders. I was from NUS. So, the pay for a degree holder seems average compared to my peers.

Tan looks nice but it is not great if you are under the sun for a long time. Some job hazards we have as coaches is higher risk of skin cancer and also the freezing water and bad weather. So take care and don't stay in the sun for too long :wink:

bubblesnsplashes
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

bubblesnsplashes

Postby buds » Thu Mar 26, 2009 1:36 pm

bubblesnsplashes wrote:
jedamum wrote:hi bubblesnsplashes,

Hi Jedamum,

I used to coach for swim school in the past. Had been coaching for 7 years. How time flies. However, now I am coaching on my own although I do help stand in to help if my peers at the school do need help.

The pay is comfortable but nothing fantastic. Usually we need to coach on weekend and it is probably considered skill labour. Most of us also don't get paid if class are cancelled due to bad weather. So the compensation seems quite reasonable to me. :wink:

In the past long long ago, the coaches used to be those who never study much and want to seek a living. Now, alot of the new coaches are more organised and systematic in their teaching, have lesson plans like what school teachers need to have. Quite a number are also degree holders. I was from NUS. So, the pay for a degree holder seems average compared to my peers.

Tan looks nice but it is not great if you are under the sun for a long time. Some job hazards we have as coaches is higher risk of skin cancer and also the freezing water and bad weather. So take care and don't stay in the sun for too long :wink:

Yeah.. I suppose they (guys) shud be prepared for the request for a swim
for beach dates. Just like how guys like to check out a woman's physique
i suppose girls too wud like to see if their date is hunky. Wuahahahaa! :lol:

So... nice tan and a grad...
D'ya think you wud qualify as eye candy of Sengkang Pool?

Yes, jedamum. Now all coaches gotta pass the training to be
a certified instructor, no longer like like last time. If i'm not
mistaken the instructor license gotta be renewed upon expiry
or something too. I may be wrong - cos info is based on hearsay.
Neighbourhood pools also cap the hours and instructor can run
classes since a feew years ago. But yes, i do agree even with
own time own target, if one has good following and vibrant feedback
via word of mouth it can be very lucrative..

buds
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby jedamum » Thu Mar 26, 2009 3:25 pm

bubblesnsplashes wrote:I used to coach for swim school in the past. Had been coaching for 7 years. How time flies. However, now I am coaching on my own although I do help stand in to help if my peers at the school do need help.

My boy used to be under a private swim coach before i signed him up for swim school. Currently, I am sticking to the school coz he was assigned a great coach - i just don't like it when it rain cos parents don't get compensated/replacement lessons when it rain.
Was actually toying with going back to private coaching (easier to cancel/reschedule lessons), but was wondering, can a regular private coach efficiently teach 2 students of very different abilities (ie one is beginner preschooler, one is intermediate primary schooler)? And also, I had this suspicion that private coaches need to 'entertain' the parents' (ie to keep them 'happy' :wink: to maintain the enrolment) while it is the administrator's job when it comes to swim school.
Another issue is, we got a 'scare' when the 'agency' that assigned us the private swim coach told us that we should not pay upfront a month's school fees just after we paid the coach - and coincidentally, the coach thereafter can't be contacted via phone and eventually told us he can't commit for the next 2 weeks :P. We are lucky that we eventually utilised the 1 month fees.

jedamum
Councillor
Councillor

Next

Return to Newbies & Clubs