This is a first!

Newbies report here first! And if you feel like you would like your own club, come and create one yourself too.

This is a first!

Postby notakidnoraparent » Mon Aug 22, 2011 10:57 pm

Hello all!

You might be surprised but I am not a parent. I am a young adult of legal age to start a family but I am still far from it. (At least until I get a girlfriend first.) I am currently studying in a university. SIM rather.

My purpose here is to find out more about parenting as I am quite interested in it. Funny how it may sound for someone my age but I do believe that how someone grows up to be entirely depends on how a parent can nurture his kid.

Truth be told, part of my resents my parents for their way of parenting and I am here to find out if I can improve my relationship with them. Pretty hefty words from a kid eh? Haha. But I believe its all about the communication and how to convince them to think like you.

Parenting is like marketing isn't it? Not as in going to the wet market kind of marketing, but rather like business marketing where one convinces the other with a sales pitch. So being able to charm your children and subtly "coercing" them into your mindset is a skill and a good skill to learn. Therefore, I am here hoping to gain knowledge from you all and perhaps with a little luck, my future kids (Still no luck with the girlfriend part) will be able to appreciate me more.

Your humorous young adult,
notakidnoraparent

notakidnoraparent
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Re: This is a first!

Postby jedamum » Mon Aug 22, 2011 11:04 pm

notakidnoraparent.
I am also a SIM graduate. :cool:
Welcome to KSP. :cool:

p/s: sometimes the girlfriend part comes with a bit of luck, fate and plenty of courage. :cool:

jedamum
Councillor
Councillor

Postby notakidnoraparent » Mon Aug 22, 2011 11:09 pm

Thanks for the warm welcome.

Though I have several questions. Is there like a thread in here which explains all the acronyms which you mummies use cos I am seriously lost. I see so many acronyms and I feel confused. Even you moms are more trendy than me. I feel like an old man now. Haha!

p.s: Luck? Don't have. Fate? Don't believe. Courage? Have but recently like no chance to use ah. LOL~

notakidnoraparent
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Postby jedamum » Mon Aug 22, 2011 11:15 pm

notakidnoraparent wrote:Thanks for the warm welcome.

Though I have several questions. Is there like a thread in here which explains all the acronyms which you mummies use cos I am seriously lost. I see so many acronyms and I feel confused. Even you moms are more trendy than me. I feel like an old man now. Haha!

p.s: Luck? Don't have. Fate? Don't believe. Courage? Have but recently like no chance to use ah. LOL~

Acronyms...here you go :
http://www.kiasuparents.com/kiasu/KSPAcronyms

i think the new trend now is not acronyms. it is sms language; stuff u type usg sms. tis 1, i still tryg to catch up & also learn. :wink:

p:s: SIM have many pretty girls! distracts my dh whenever we drive past that bus-stop! :heresmyfish:

jedamum
Councillor
Councillor

Postby notakidnoraparent » Mon Aug 22, 2011 11:19 pm

Thank you for your help. :)

SIM have many pretty girls. But I not handsome boy so hard to find la. Hahah! Hope to see you around in the forum.

notakidnoraparent
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Postby jedamum » Mon Aug 22, 2011 11:29 pm

notakidnoraparent wrote:Thank you for your help. :)

SIM have many pretty girls. But I not handsome boy so hard to find la. Hahah! Hope to see you around in the forum.

You are welcome. :)
Don't worry about not being handsome. Guys have a longer 'shelf-life' than girls :yikes: and easier to shine with charisma, confidence and sincerity.
See you around too. :cool:

jedamum
Councillor
Councillor

Postby smartmummy » Mon Aug 22, 2011 11:40 pm

:welcome: notakidnoraparent!
Nice nick! People can identify you from ur nick.

smartmummy
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby notakidnoraparent » Mon Aug 22, 2011 11:44 pm

smartmummy wrote::welcome: notakidnoraparent!

Thanks a lot. Perhaps with a teenager/young adult, you mummies are able to get a more diverse opinion on how things are.

notakidnoraparent
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Postby smartmummy » Mon Aug 22, 2011 11:49 pm

notakidnoraparent wrote:
smartmummy wrote::welcome: notakidnoraparent!

Thanks a lot. Perhaps with a teenager/young adult, you mummies are able to get a more diverse opinion on how things are.

agree.look forward ur contributions!

smartmummy
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Kissgurami » Mon Aug 22, 2011 11:49 pm

welcome! Interesting :D

Nuh, I don't think Parenting is "Marketing" at all :rotflmao: , if it is then Parenting would be a much easier "job" :smile:

sometimes I do wonder if they are some form of Karma :duck: or trying to break me into someone I can't be. :siam:

Being a parent requires discipline, patience, you can't be tardy or messy , priorities are shifted towards them. You can't help but try to fulfill :faint: , I do know my life turned upside down for sure :rotflmao:

Kissgurami
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Next

Return to Newbies & Clubs