Mummy Emum: Hi!

Newbies report here first! And if you feel like you would like your own club, come and create one yourself too.

Mummy Emum: Hi!

Postby Emum » Tue May 27, 2008 5:47 pm

I'm a mummy to a 5 year old boy and 4 year old girl.

I found this website when searching for good primary schools -- thinking whether to do volunteer work before next year's P1 registration.

I just switched the kids to Dayspring in Punggol for term 3, but didn't find any comments on the kindergarten on kiasu parents.

Can anyone advise on what are the good primary schools in Sengkang please :)

Emum
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Re: Hi!

Postby ChiefKiasu » Tue May 27, 2008 11:01 pm

Emum wrote:I'm a mummy to a 5 year old boy and 4 year old girl.

I found this website when searching for good primary schools -- thinking whether to do volunteer work before next year's P1 registration.

I just switched the kids to Dayspring in Punggol for term 3, but didn't find any comments on the kindergarten on kiasu parents.

Can anyone advise on what are the good primary schools in Sengkang please :)

Hi Emum! Welcome! Since you've been to Dayspring why not let us know how you like the place? That way others will be encouraged to give their feedback too. Which childcare are you switching FROM?

Good primary schools in/near SengKang:
Rosyth (GEP) (may be a bit far depending on where you stay)
Holy Innocents Primary School (SAP)
Nan Chiau Primary
Compassvale Primary School
CHIJ Our Lady Of The Nativity
Montford Primary
Seng Kang Primary

ChiefKiasu
Site Admin

Postby Emum » Wed May 28, 2008 2:29 pm

Hi Chief Kiasu,
Thanks! How about Punggol Pri or Mee Toh- any feedback? And there's a very new school - North Vista.

My kids are at Agape Little Uni in NTU Alumni, near my workplace. I like the school with it's spacious individual classrooms and caring teachers.

But I thought it's really far for the kids to travel with me from Sengkang to Buona Viasta everyday, and spend like 11 hours there. So we decided to get a domestic helper, and switch from childcare to kindergarten. Will help to relieve the housework and breakfast/dinner preparation. Hoping that everything goes well.

They will start Dayspring end June. Read from forums that the school prepares the kids well for pri school but can be crowded with too many kids. I visited the school and feel quite comfortable with their curriculum. I had to wait 2 months to get a place. Will give more updates after kids start school there.

Emum
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Postby Rio » Tue Jun 10, 2008 1:05 am

Hi Emum,

I have also signed up my gal for nursery class starting this June 24. Which class is your children in? Maybe they will be classmate:)

Like u, I am also very impressed with their cirriculum. I think it will prepare the children very well for Primary 1.

Rio
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Return to Newbies & Clubs