Mummy chengsmummy reporting

Newbies report here first! And if you feel like you would like your own club, come and create one yourself too.

Mummy chengsmummy reporting

Postby chengsmummy » Wed Apr 01, 2009 4:10 pm

Hi all,

It's very nice to meet you mummies and daddies here. I found this site when I was looking for secondary school information last year.

I am an old mummy with a sec1 girl and a 2 1/2 years old girl. Wish we can share our informations and experience here.

chengsmummy
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Welcome, chengsmummy!

Postby buds » Wed Apr 01, 2009 4:45 pm

Wah! Thats quite a gap, chengsmummy!
How did it feel starting all over again for
you when you had your 2nd girl... My
aunt had one when all her kids were in
Sec & Tertiary stage... She loved it cos
at least she still got one to still manja
with her until today.. She endured very
difficult pregnancy due to her more mature
age but says its worth it! When we cousins
meet up and hear stories abt how she now
can misbehave and don't listen to mummy,
we tell her - you're going to hell, girl! Your
mummy almost lost her life when trying to
bring you to this life you have now... so
cut your mum some slack and load off
the attitude - this cousin got so much
peer pressure in sec sch now... so mum
having a challenging time.. but their
relationship on most days is cool. 8)

Oh sorry, forgot to say...
Welcome to Kiasuparents!

:welcome:

buds
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby chengsmummy » Wed Apr 01, 2009 5:22 pm

Hi Buds,

Thank you :wink:

Well, my preg for the younger one was very smooth. yup, the gap is really big, 10 years. In fact, I was quite enjoy the sleepless nights and much patient than I was 10 years ago. I guess that was because of the age, although physically am not as fit as before, but mentally much stronger :D

I was not kia su at all in the past 12 years for my elder daughter, was very blur, didn't know anything about the childcares, primary schools,etc. so just sent her to the nearest childcare without doing any study. Never checked her spelling before P3, no tuition, only help her maths in P6. I am lucky she is quite an independant learner, and managed going to the top girl sec school. If I got to know this site earlier, maybe I will get more useful informations to help her... for example she didn't prepare for the GEP at P3,although she pass the 1st round. And didn't try any DSA...

So now I decided I should be a bit more KiaSu, and then I am here.. Ha ha..

This site is really a good platform for mummies and daddies to exchange our experience and informations.

chengsmummy
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby ChiefKiasu » Wed Apr 01, 2009 6:17 pm

chengsmummy wrote:...I was not kia su at all in the past 12 years for my elder daughter, was very blur, didn't know anything about the childcares, primary schools,etc. so just sent her to the nearest childcare without doing any study. Never checked her spelling before P3, no tuition, only help her maths in P6. I am lucky she is quite an independant learner, and managed going to the top girl sec school. If I got to know this site earlier, maybe I will get more useful informations to help her... for example she didn't prepare for the GEP at P3,although she pass the 1st round. And didn't try any DSA...

Welcome to KiasuParents.com, chengsmummy. My 2-cents to you is that I think you have already done a wonderful job for your elder daughter and you should not try to do something very drastically different for your younger one. We tend to over-compensate sometimes, and the 2nd time around is not necessary the "better" round. So do stay in your non-kiasu ways, but use this site to find out what are the opportunities out there that you can advise your child with, eg. DSA, etc.

ChiefKiasu
Site Admin

Return to Newbies & Clubs