Mummy icyclaw reporting

Newbies report here first! And if you feel like you would like your own club, come and create one yourself too.

Mummy icyclaw reporting

Postby icyclaw » Fri Apr 03, 2009 2:23 pm

Hi, everyone, im a first time mum of baby cheyenne who is almost 9mths old now.

Still breastfeeding and getting disturbed sleep (every 2-3hrs on average, best was once a 6hrs stretch, worst was every 1hr) for the past 9mths.

So, brain cells dying at a tremendous rate esp now when she just got flu + fever with thick sticky green mucus). Trying very hard to learn more about preparation and storing of solids as i want to let her have fresh food.. Hope to learn from seniors ard here.. ;D

icyclaw
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Re: Mummy icyclaw reporting

Postby ChiefKiasu » Tue Apr 14, 2009 9:28 pm

icyclaw wrote:Hi, everyone, im a first time mum of baby cheyenne who is almost 9mths old now.

Still breastfeeding and getting disturbed sleep (every 2-3hrs on average, best was once a 6hrs stretch, worst was every 1hr) for the past 9mths.

So, brain cells dying at a tremendous rate esp now when she just got flu + fever with thick sticky green mucus). Trying very hard to learn more about preparation and storing of solids as i want to let her have fresh food.. Hope to learn from seniors ard here.. ;D

Hi Mummy icyclaw... walao... I realized we forgot to welcome you! :oops: Sorry!

Babies getting sick are very heart-pain for us parents... it's almost unbearable for us to watch them so uncomfortable. Hopefully, your baby has recovered by now!

ChiefKiasu
Site Admin

Postby icyclaw » Wed Apr 15, 2009 2:37 pm

hehe... its ok... better late then never... haha... ya, she is well now, but wierd.. after she is well she resume her frequent night waking.. just like last night, she woke up 7 times from 1am to 10am...

sigh.............
Last edited by icyclaw on Wed Apr 15, 2009 3:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

icyclaw
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Postby RRMummy » Wed Apr 15, 2009 2:49 pm

Hi icyclaw, :welcome: to KSP.

Ya I know what you mean.. the endless nites.. I got around it by allowing my then 1.5 mths old to sleep with us in our bed through-out the night. By the time she was 4mths old, she was already able to turn for self-service :P I had my much needed rest and she had her comfort... :P That worked for 1.5 years :love:

Downside is Still trying very hard to entice them to move next door to the big gals/princesses room :cry: Now with 2 gals, our BED is actually 2 queen-size beds on the floor with 2 kungfu-pandas between DH and I... haiz...

hang-in there, it is really true that breastfeed babies have stronger bonds with their mummies!!

RRMummy
Councillor
Councillor

Postby icyclaw » Wed Apr 15, 2009 3:56 pm

i was doin it for the past 8mths, but recently shifted her to a mattress on the floor. as it was too nerve wrecking to anticipate her next moves... she was waking up quietly and crawling all over. how do u prevent her from falling off the bed?

she can self service but unless u shift her fr ur left to right, then u will be nursing her on 1 side thruout the nite only?

icyclaw
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Postby RRMummy » Wed Apr 15, 2009 4:12 pm

Hi icymum, that is why we removed the bedframe and placed our mattress on the floor. To prevent fall and injury, plus place a thin mattress beside our mattress just in case she rolls off.

some time during middle of the nite, you can shift her over... that's when you learn to sleep on your side.. dun worry too much when cannot reach, they'll learn to "tug and ring bell" 1... :P

... my panda/koala bear can even climb over for choice of choc or strawberry lor.. :roll:

Cheers :celebrate:

RRMummy
Councillor
Councillor

Postby icyclaw » Wed Apr 15, 2009 4:54 pm

if only we tot of it, each just shifted hse recently bot a new bedframe.. hiaz... wow!! so clever, can climb over for self service! amazing..!! by wat age they can do tat? my 9mths old dun seem to be doin tat, she prefer being serviced just by crying, rather then self service... hiaz.. :P

icyclaw
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Return to Newbies & Clubs