Mummy mom2boys: New mom finally has the courage to join

Newbies report here first! And if you feel like you would like your own club, come and create one yourself too.

Mummy mom2boys: New mom finally has the courage to join

Postby mom2boys » Wed May 28, 2008 2:40 pm

Hi everyone,

has been viewing the forum for somtime..finally got the courage to be a part of this :wink:

I'm mom of 2 boys, one 4year old, the other 8mth plus...2boys really tiring...how i wish 1 boy 1 girl...hee...

I'm now starting to looking into P1 schools for my elder boys...headache..

mom2boys
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Re: New mom finally has the courage to join

Postby ChiefKiasu » Wed May 28, 2008 5:46 pm

mom2boys wrote:Hi everyone,

has been viewing the forum for somtime..finally got the courage to be a part of this :wink:

I'm mom of 2 boys, one 4year old, the other 8mth plus...2boys really tiring...how i wish 1 boy 1 girl...hee...

Welome mom2boys... yes it takes some courage to admit that we are kiasuparents :).

2 boys good wat... you get 2 daughter-in-laws that you can bully next time :shock: :lol:

ChiefKiasu
Site Admin

Postby jedamum » Wed May 28, 2008 9:04 pm

ChiefKiasu wrote:
mom2boys wrote:Hi everyone,

Welome mom2boys... yes it takes some courage to admit that we are kiasuparents :).

2 boys good wat... you get 2 daughter-in-laws that you can bully next time :shock: :lol:

hi mom2boys,
i'm a mum of 2 boys too..am I'm lovin' it cos there is no need to get any clothings and toys for the younger one...everything is handme down from the elder bro...save more $$ for enrichment. :lol: they have similar interest (pushing cars/kicking ball around the house screaming) and I have no daughters to distract my husband's attention away from me. :lol:
welcome. :)
Chiefkiasu...daughters are usually closer to mummies after marriage...that we as parents of only boys tends to lose out. but then again, 2 sets of daughters-in-laws is good cos if one DIL, she may likely be sensitive and complain her IL (ie me) bias towards her SIL (ie supposedly if I have a daughter... :roll: )

jedamum
Councillor
Councillor

Postby ChiefKiasu » Wed May 28, 2008 9:45 pm

jedamum wrote:... I have no daughters to distract my husband's attention away from me. :lol:
Chiefkiasu...daughters are usually closer to mummies after marriage...that we as parents of only boys tends to lose out. but then again, 2 sets of daughters-in-laws is good cos if one DIL, she may likely be sensitive and complain her IL (ie me) bias towards her SIL (ie supposedly if I have a daughter... :roll: )

Yuh hor... jedamum... Singaporean daddies are normally closer to their daughters because they cannot bear to scold such lovely things :). One smile and his heart melt away - doesn't matter how naughty she has been.

I also forgot these days DILs are the queens of the households! I know of mothers who are dead frightened of their DILs not being happy with them.

ChiefKiasu
Site Admin

Postby mom2boys » Thu May 29, 2008 10:37 am

ChiefKiasu wrote:
jedamum wrote:... I have no daughters to distract my husband's attention away from me. :lol:

Yuh hor... jedamum... Singaporean daddies are normally closer to their daughters because they cannot bear to scold such lovely things :). One smile and his heart melt away - doesn't matter how naughty she has been.

I also forgot these days DILs are the queens of the households! I know of mothers who are dead frightened of their DILs not being happy with them.

I agree totally...but sometimes cos no daughter to distract my husband, so he also need attention from his wife plus the 2 little boys...you can imagine..furthermore I"m staying with my MIL...so basically my weekends are tight, :P
and from my friend's feedback, girls tend to be more independent from mom, will read books, do crafts and closer to family once married..boys...errr still early to say...hopefully my future DILs will not be queens of the households :oops:
then again, having headaches to find enrichments class for boys...

mom2boys
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Postby jedamum » Thu May 29, 2008 12:36 pm

mom2boys wrote:I agree totally...but sometimes cos no daughter to distract my husband, so he also need attention from his wife plus the 2 little boys...you can imagine..furthermore I"m staying with my MIL...so basically my weekends are tight, :P
and from my friend's feedback, girls tend to be more independent from mom, will read books, do crafts and closer to family once married..boys...errr still early to say...hopefully my future DILs will not be queens of the households :oops:
then again, having headaches to find enrichments class for boys...

YO! I'm living with ILs too...and on the contrary, that frees up our Sundays that might otherwise be use for visiting them.

what enrichment is your boy having currently?

ChiefKS, besides being lovely young things, if the daughter is a splitting image of the mum, all the more the daddy will treasure cos the daughter will eventually grow to look like the mum whom the dad fell madly in love with. Besides, it'll be a 'bonus' that he can 'rule' over the 'miniature-wify-look-alike' ('because Daddy says so!') when he can't outtalk the real McCoy (aka wify) in real life! :lol:

jedamum
Councillor
Councillor

Postby mummytofengkai » Sat Jun 07, 2008 4:40 pm

Jademum- i have two boys as well. Fun and tiring at the same time. Their age gap is 4. One a toddler, one in pri school.... interesting challenge.

mummytofengkai
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Postby ChiefKiasu » Sat Jun 07, 2008 7:57 pm

mummytofengkai wrote:Jademum- i have two boys as well. Fun and tiring at the same time. Their age gap is 4. One a toddler, one in pri school.... interesting challenge.

My pair of children has an age gap of 6 years old :) So when the ke ke is in P6, the mei mei will be in P1. Certainly not ideal... but it's the will of the heavens.

ChiefKiasu
Site Admin

Postby jedamum » Sat Jun 07, 2008 8:10 pm

mummytofengkai wrote:Jademum- i have two boys as well. Fun and tiring at the same time. Their age gap is 4. One a toddler, one in pri school.... interesting challenge.

hi mummytofengkai, my two boys' age gap is 4 as well :) that makes caring of the younger one easier as the older one is sensible enough to not demand my attention all the time.

ChiefKiasu wrote:

My pair of children has an age gap of 6 years old :) So when the ke ke is in P6, the mei mei will be in P1. Certainly not ideal... but it's the will of the heavens.

:? 6 yrs old age gap...shouldn't it be when keke is in P6, meimei in K2??

jedamum
Councillor
Councillor

Postby ChiefKiasu » Sat Jun 07, 2008 8:15 pm

jedamum wrote: :? 6 yrs old age gap...shouldn't it be when keke is in P6, meimei in K2??

Oops :oops: paiseh... that's why I won't be able to pass the new PSLE math anymore.
Last edited by ChiefKiasu on Thu Jan 01, 2009 11:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ChiefKiasu
Site Admin

Next

Return to Newbies & Clubs