Mummy Spymsang: Hello To All - Desperate Mami Need Help Here

Newbies report here first! And if you feel like you would like your own club, come and create one yourself too.

Mummy Spymsang: Hello To All - Desperate Mami Need Help Here

Postby Spymsang » Mon Apr 06, 2009 3:14 pm

:D Great day, desperate mami calling for SOS!!
I have just move to Admiralty and is now looking for a childcare centre suitable for 18mths. Heard NTUC 3 at Blk 688AC is good but is only accept child >30mths. Then this desperate mami went to ChampKids at Blk 888 and there is no vacancy.
Can some great papa n mami gave me some advice pls, where could I get a good childcare at Admiralty? :?:

Spymsang
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Postby super_dad » Mon Apr 06, 2009 9:24 pm

Just to say hello...

While I stay near Admiralty....I am not sure about the childcare.

the other mummies and daddies should be able to help.

super_dad
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby Spymsang » Tue Apr 07, 2009 8:28 am

Hi Super_dad,

Hello and thanks of replying me.
Hopefully I will receive some feedbacks soon. Cheers :celebrate:

Spymsang
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Postby RRMummy » Tue Apr 07, 2009 9:23 am

Hi Spymsag, welcome to kiasu parents.

Both my gals (K1 and N1) are in Sheffield Kidsworld @ Blk 660

http://www.kiasuparents.com/kiasu/child ... -kidsworld

You may want to call them up (Mrs. Puhal) and enquire when they will open the toddlers class (min 18mths) for this year.

Good luck in your scouting!

RRMummy
Councillor
Councillor

Postby RRMummy » Tue Apr 07, 2009 9:26 am

Hi Super-dad, I trust your kids are in primary school, right? Mind sharing which you think are the better schools in woodlands? Which school are your kids attending? Thank you very much!

RRMummy
Councillor
Councillor

Postby Spymsang » Tue Apr 07, 2009 11:42 am

Hi RRMummy

Thanks 4 ur recommendation.
May I explore more from u on Sheffied Kidsworld tat how is their curriculum there?At what age u starts enrol ur children into childcare? I have been hearing a lot of disadvantages of early enrolment into childcare.
For info, i am a foreigner that knows nut on education system here neither having a supporting hands from both of my inlaws and parents. So once I enrol my girl, there is no turning back for me; she is now taking care by neighbour auntie.

Spymsang
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Postby RRMummy » Tue Apr 07, 2009 12:14 pm

HI Spymsang, 3 years ago, I scouted at least 6 -7 schools within walking distance (10 - 15min) from my home to scout for CC until I chose this one.. they use letterland to teach phonics. they have 2 chinese teachers from China to cater for Chinese - very nice teachers, one even offered to give extra coaching to my gal for ting xie when she heard I was lousy in Chinese! I like that it provides cooking class and very wide range of art & craft for the kids (you can see from the display at the waiting area and in the classes..), field trips (at least twice a year)... I also like it very much that they have many mini projects that involves parent and child and submitted as 'competition' (but this haas reduced since last year)...it was really fun!!

.. but please don't totally rely on the school to do all the coaching. As I have learnt recently we have to really put in a lot of consistent work on guiding their reading on a daily basis at home...

My elder DD started when she turned 18mths, coz I found out the neighbour auntie's husband was smoking at home near my kid!! Also, she was picking up very bad habits. My 2nd DD started at 2 yo after I sent back d maid.

It is definitely not the high-end type.. but have some very caring teachers.. now learning from experience I'm taking it as a reliable place to 'care' for my child while I work but if you aiming for high-achievers definitely have to supplement at home and/or enrichment classes...

You may want to call up to see when they are going to start classes for toddlers then bring your kid along with you to ask and explore the place before you and your child decide...also ask the school to show you their menu and their time table..

but please scout around, in the past 3 years maybe the other cc have changed/improved or maybe new ones have come up. If you do find something good, please share.. :celebrate:

RRMummy
Councillor
Councillor

Postby Spymsang » Wed Apr 08, 2009 11:25 am

Hi RRMummy,

Very warm hearted seeing such a long reply came in, I should said being a foreigner to adapt into new environment is not an easy task.
Looking at your reply, apparently Sheffied is the kind of school that I am looking for.
Will explore more on this cc, thanks so much RRMummy, really appreciate!

Spymsang
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Postby RRMummy » Wed Apr 08, 2009 11:54 am

Hi spymsang,

You are most welcome. Please check it out and find out if it is really suitable for your needs.. good luck!

RRMummy

RRMummy
Councillor
Councillor

Return to Newbies & Clubs