Mummy bigeyedfish says Hello

Newbies report here first! And if you feel like you would like your own club, come and create one yourself too.

Mummy bigeyedfish says Hello

Postby bigeyedfish » Sat Apr 18, 2009 8:20 pm

Found this site a couple of days ago while school hunting for my son. Due to register in 2011. Very informative but makes me more kancheong reading everything up . :D

bigeyedfish
YellowBelt
YellowBelt
 
Posts: 21
Joined: Sat Apr 18, 2009 5:05 pm
Total Likes: 0


Re: Mummy bigeyedfish says Hello

Postby vividlaurel » Sat Apr 18, 2009 9:07 pm

Hi bigeyedfish,

Welcome to KP! You'll get a ton of information here. Just go through the pages....If no there are lots of very helpful parents here, who have been there and done that!

Vividlaurel

bigeyedfish wrote:Found this site a couple of days ago while school hunting for my son. Due to register in 2011. Very informative but makes me more kancheong reading everything up . :D

vividlaurel
BrownBelt
BrownBelt
 
Posts: 530
Joined: Tue Nov 25, 2008 12:56 pm
Total Likes: 0


Re: Mummy bigeyedfish says Hello

Postby ChiefKiasu » Sat Apr 18, 2009 11:03 pm

bigeyedfish wrote:Found this site a couple of days ago while school hunting for my son. Due to register in 2011. Very informative but makes me more kancheong reading everything up . :D


Welcome to KiasuParents.com, bigeyedfish! I suppose you like curry fish head and is a master at sucking the eyeballs right out of the fish's head. I can only watch in awe whenever someone demonstrates such skills.

2011 registration? That's the same as my girl who is coming to 4 this year. Any school you targeting for your boy? Good thing you have 2 boys... the 2nd one will be a breeze for you when it comes to his P1 registration :) .

ChiefKiasu
Site Admin
 
Posts: 15221
Joined: Mon Sep 03, 2007 9:16 am
Location: Singapore
Total Likes: 319


Re: Mummy bigeyedfish says Hello

Postby bigeyedfish » Sun Apr 19, 2009 7:19 am

vividlaurel wrote:Hi bigeyedfish,

Welcome to KP! You'll get a ton of information here. Just go through the pages....If no there are lots of very helpful parents here, who have been there and done that!

Vividlaurel



Hi, thanks for the welcome. Yeah, everyone seems to be very helpful although I am still having a headache. Hehe.

bigeyedfish
YellowBelt
YellowBelt
 
Posts: 21
Joined: Sat Apr 18, 2009 5:05 pm
Total Likes: 0


Re: Mummy bigeyedfish says Hello

Postby bigeyedfish » Sun Apr 19, 2009 7:22 am

ChiefKiasu wrote:
bigeyedfish wrote:Found this site a couple of days ago while school hunting for my son. Due to register in 2011. Very informative but makes me more kancheong reading everything up . :D


Welcome to KiasuParents.com, bigeyedfish! I suppose you like curry fish head and is a master at sucking the eyeballs right out of the fish's head. I can only watch in awe whenever someone demonstrates such skills.

2011 registration? That's the same as my girl who is coming to 4 this year. Any school you targeting for your boy? Good thing you have 2 boys... the 2nd one will be a breeze for you when it comes to his P1 registration :) .


Actually I hate fish head curry but I like goldfish with their super huge eyes.

Yup, my 1st boy is turning four. Looking around for a good neighbourhood school even though I actually prefer an all boys school. But the nearest to my place is ACS Junior. Even then no hope because there's always balloting for PV outside 2km. And I'm km and km away. Trying to decide between South View, Bukit Panjang and Beacon.

bigeyedfish
YellowBelt
YellowBelt
 
Posts: 21
Joined: Sat Apr 18, 2009 5:05 pm
Total Likes: 0



Re: Mummy bigeyedfish says Hello

Postby vividlaurel » Sun Apr 19, 2009 8:05 am

bigeyedfish wrote:Yup, my 1st boy is turning four. Looking around for a good neighbourhood school even though I actually prefer an all boys school. But the nearest to my place is ACS Junior. Even then no hope because there's always balloting for PV outside 2km. And I'm km and km away. Trying to decide between South View, Bukit Panjang and Beacon.


Hey bigeyedfish, so are you living in Bt Panjang?

vividlaurel
BrownBelt
BrownBelt
 
Posts: 530
Joined: Tue Nov 25, 2008 12:56 pm
Total Likes: 0


Re: Mummy bigeyedfish says Hello

Postby bigeyedfish » Sun Apr 19, 2009 8:37 am

vividlaurel wrote:
Hey bigeyedfish, so are you living in Bt Panjang?


Yup I am. Another one I'm considering is St Anthony's Pri in Bt Gombak because of its affliation to SJI. But all 3 schools except for Beacon are outside the 2km range. That's why I am still deciding. Can only do PV in 1 school unless my husband agrees to do in another. Difficult choice indeed.

bigeyedfish
YellowBelt
YellowBelt
 
Posts: 21
Joined: Sat Apr 18, 2009 5:05 pm
Total Likes: 0


Re: Mummy bigeyedfish says Hello

Postby jedamum » Sun Apr 19, 2009 8:54 am

bigeyedfish wrote:Yup I am. Another one I'm considering is St Anthony's Pri in Bt Gombak because of its affliation to SJI. But all 3 schools except for Beacon are outside the 2km range. That's why I am still deciding. Can only do PV in 1 school unless my husband agrees to do in another. Difficult choice indeed.

Will you be going for phase 2B as a church member for st anthony? if not, there is no chance at all for Phase 2C if you are outside 2km.
I have many plans for my kid too...thinking about pv-ing in bukit panjang, st anthony or even beacon. no firm decision yet as it is dependent on where we eventually decide to settle down (i am house hunting). may even end up just settling for my ds1's neighbourhood school too.

have you managed to contact the schools to enquire for pv? some schools dont accept pvs, you know...

bigeyedfish
welcome to KSP 8)

jedamum
Councillor
Councillor
 
Posts: 8517
Joined: Thu Jan 10, 2008 3:58 pm
Total Likes: 20


Re: Mummy bigeyedfish says Hello

Postby bigeyedfish » Sun Apr 19, 2009 9:10 am

jedamum wrote:Will you be going for phase 2B as a church member for st anthony? if not, there is no chance at all for Phase 2C if you are outside 2km.
I have many plans for my kid too...thinking about pv-ing in bukit panjang, st anthony or even beacon. no firm decision yet as it is dependent on where we eventually decide to settle down (i am house hunting). may even end up just settling for my ds1's neighbourhood school too.

have you managed to contact the schools to enquire for pv? some schools dont accept pvs, you know...

bigeyedfish
welcome to KSP 8)


Definitely not as a church member. Thinking of doing pv work in one or 2 of the schools I've mentioned. Thanks for the welcome.

bigeyedfish
YellowBelt
YellowBelt
 
Posts: 21
Joined: Sat Apr 18, 2009 5:05 pm
Total Likes: 0


Re: Mummy bigeyedfish says Hello

Postby vividlaurel » Sun Apr 19, 2009 9:38 am

Hey, I am a PV at Beacon this year, my kids are due for P1 registration in July. If you want, I can give you help about Beacon. But you need to decide your school soon as the date for PV registration for 2011 ends in June 30.

bigeyedfish wrote:
jedamum wrote:Will you be going for phase 2B as a church member for st anthony? if not, there is no chance at all for Phase 2C if you are outside 2km.
I have many plans for my kid too...thinking about pv-ing in bukit panjang, st anthony or even beacon. no firm decision yet as it is dependent on where we eventually decide to settle down (i am house hunting). may even end up just settling for my ds1's neighbourhood school too.

have you managed to contact the schools to enquire for pv? some schools dont accept pvs, you know...

bigeyedfish
welcome to KSP 8)


Definitely not as a church member. Thinking of doing pv work in one or 2 of the schools I've mentioned. Thanks for the welcome.

vividlaurel
BrownBelt
BrownBelt
 
Posts: 530
Joined: Tue Nov 25, 2008 12:56 pm
Total Likes: 0


Next

Return to Newbies & Clubs