Mummy flim: i am flim

Newbies report here first! And if you feel like you would like your own club, come and create one yourself too.

Mummy flim: i am flim

Postby flim » Fri Apr 24, 2009 12:52 am

hello mommies...

i joined this forum on the same day i joined a photography forum, where i used the nick 'flim', which is basically how we pronounce 'film' in singlish. just to keep it simple, i use the same nick here.

i was born in jakarta, but have spent half of my life outside indonesia, so i'm having a bit of an identity crisis. but the important thing is, i now live in singapore and i can read and write english (tho not so much the shakespeare kind), so i can participate in this forum! yaay! :D

i have an only daughter, born in 2005. i'm a SAHM and i am keen to get to know other SAHMs. Hope we will have the chance to meet up during playdates and some other fun things with our kids!

flim
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby super_dad » Fri Apr 24, 2009 7:46 am

Interesting intro flim :)

Welcome...

super_dad
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby csc » Fri Apr 24, 2009 8:12 am

:welcome: flim!

Wow, your English is good leh though you are not born in Singapore!

Nice having you here!

csc
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby RRMummy » Fri Apr 24, 2009 9:16 am

Hi flim, :welcome: to KSP.

So you are into photography huh, must have loads of beautiful pix of your princess.. maybe can show us some.. :D

RRMummy
Councillor
Councillor

Heyya flim..

Postby buds » Fri Apr 24, 2009 10:14 am

Heyloooo flim, Indonesians oso noe our lingo ah? (SINGLISH)
Wuahahahahaa! Nice intro, sista!

Welcome to KiasuParents!

:welcome:

I'm a fan of photography too, but
never pursued. Plus the new SLR's
are super expensive man!

I'm SAHM too, been a few good years now.
My girls are 7yrs and 5yrs old. Btw, what
attracted you here, flim?

buds
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby flim » Fri Apr 24, 2009 6:21 pm

thank you ladies & gentlemen, for the enthusiastic welcome... :)

my singlish not bad hor? that's thanks to my true blue singaporean hubby (and 11 years of stay in dear lil red dot).

as for photography, yea... i guess i am kinda into photography, but not so much on the lenses-buying part. being a SAHM, i have to be more prudent when it comes to spending 'monaaayy'... but yea! would love to show you some pics of my daughter... if you don't mind.

as for what attracted me here, ehm, i hope i won't sound silly and obsessive compulsive... here goes. i like the way the forum topics are classified :wink: it's very clear and to the point.

i used to read the singaporemotherhood forum and had always felt rather uncomfortable with the way they group the different topics into the years the children were born, ie. 2004 mum, 2005 mum, and so on. it confused me and made browsing kinda hard. does anybody else feel that way?

anyway.. thanks again for the warm welcome :celebrate:

flim
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Return to Newbies & Clubs