Find Tuition/Enrichment Centres

Mummy iFirefly's Bright Sparks

Newbies report here first! And if you feel like you would like your own club, come and create one yourself too.

Re: Mummy Firefly38 Reporting

Postby iFirefly » Sun Mar 05, 2017 3:17 pm

iRabbit wrote:
iFirefly wrote:I remember the girls in my sec sch were oh-so-crazy over this cute gentleman.. :wink:

A SHOULDER TO CRY ON - Tommy Page

This was my Casanova song during JC time. Does that make us same era wan? :lol:

No more Shoulder To Cry On.. :sad:

RIP Tommy Page..

iFirefly
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Re: Mummy iFirefly's Bright Sparks

Postby Song22 » Sun Mar 05, 2017 3:28 pm

Oh, he was only 47, RIP

Song22
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Song22 » Thu Nov 02, 2017 9:07 am

Hello there, anyone at home?! :smile:

Also trying to catch rabbit, panda and gem etc here, how's everyone doing?

My son has completed his Year 4 and he is really excited to go JC. He is really happy that JC subjects are more specialized that he doesn't need to take Chinese (hopefully), SS, China studies anymore. He said that school starts Jan 15 and JAE students will join only Feb 1.

FF - how's your ds1's preparation for A level? When is his first paper? Is it stressful?

labbit - did labbit jr enjoy his first secondary school year?

I wonder if GG still visit ksp, I think her dd is the same year as my son.

Song22
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby iFirefly » Thu Nov 02, 2017 8:43 pm

Hi Song..

Thanks for dropping by.. :smile:

GCE A Level exam begins next Monday. First paper is GP. DS seems more relaxed now, compared to the period before Prelims. Guess most students should be doing light revision by now. The next milestone for DS will be NS. His enlistment date is 4th Jan 2018.

What subject combination is your boy doing in JC next year? Is he doing Further Math since he has an amazing flair for Math ? Your boy doesn't like Chinese ?

I recently watched the NYGH 100th Anniversary movie 'Once Upon A Generation'. I was so impressed. The girls are so talented in acting & singing. I heard from my niece that many girls had to cut their long hair to chin-length for the movie. As I was watching the movie, I kept wondering to myself - Is this GM's gal.. Is that BC's gal.. Ah, this may be Song's gal.. Haha !

Yup.. Miss our old friends @ KSP. Hope they're getting on well and hope to 'see' them soon. :smile:

iFirefly
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Song22 » Tue Nov 14, 2017 8:47 am

My boy will be taking double maths, physics and Econs, he said he wants a "easier" life so that he could do more other stuff. He doesn’t really like Chinese although doing okay. HCI just had their graduation dinner last week, my boy “dressed up” (most boy were in shirt and suit!) and really enjoyed the dinner. He showed me some video and it is really touching when they sang some songs and 朋友 at the end, he said he felt really emo at that time.

I really like the NY movie, it has a lot of local feel especially when the setting was in 1930s and 1980s. It was a directed by a really talented director by a local Zhao Wei Film, they had made quite a few good local movies.

Wow, your ds1 is going NS soon! Next time you can give us more tips!

We are going 吃风 soon :boogie: ,going to China for a short trip this weekend and looking forward to going Hokkaido end of the year. Where are you going this year?

Song22
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby jtoh » Tue Nov 14, 2017 12:47 pm

Song, wow, your son is a math and physics person. Heading for engineering-type courses?

jtoh
Councillor
Councillor

Postby Song22 » Tue Nov 14, 2017 8:34 pm

Hey jtoh, yes, my son is more Maths inclined, I think he is planning to do maths and computing related courses :smile:

Jtoh, can I ask if your dd took SAT? If so, which year do the students usually take?

Song22
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby jtoh » Tue Nov 14, 2017 8:36 pm

Song22 wrote:Hey jtoh, yes, my son is more Maths inclined, I think he is planning to do maths and computing related courses :smile:

Jtoh, can I ask if your dd took SAT? If so, which year do the students usually take?

She didn't take it. But the RGS girls usually take it in early J1.

jtoh
Councillor
Councillor

Postby slmkhoo » Wed Nov 15, 2017 7:36 am

Song22 wrote:Jtoh, can I ask if your dd took SAT? If so, which year do the students usually take?

Jumping in: RGS arranged a SAT in school before the start of J1 for those who wanted to take it. It's a bit on the early side, but it's good practice. Most girls who decided to apply to US universities took it again later in J1 or early J2 to see if they could improve their scores. Also note that some universities require SAT subject tests, so you will need to factor those in by the middle of J2 as well. Applications to US universities need to be in towards the end of J2 (there are different schemes and deadlines) and because of the A levels, most students try to clear the SATs and subject tests by the middle of the year.

By the way, it seems that SAT places in certain months can be booked up very quickly as many students from overseas (notably China) come to Singapore to take the SAT. So it's good to book a date early.

slmkhoo
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Song22 » Wed Nov 15, 2017 8:56 am

slmkhoo wrote:
Song22 wrote:Jtoh, can I ask if your dd took SAT? If so, which year do the students usually take?

Jumping in: RGS arranged a SAT in school before the start of J1 for those who wanted to take it. It's a bit on the early side, but it's good practice. Most girls who decided to apply to US universities took it again later in J1 or early J2 to see if they could improve their scores. Also note that some universities require SAT subject tests, so you will need to factor those in by the middle of J2 as well. Applications to US universities need to be in towards the end of J2 (there are different schemes and deadlines) and because of the A levels, most students try to clear the SATs and subject tests by the middle of the year.

By the way, it seems that SAT places in certain months can be booked up very quickly as many students from overseas (notably China) come to Singapore to take the SAT. So it's good to book a date early.

Thanks Slmkhoo for your information, I hope HCI will give the students some guideline when they starts JC next year. I also wonder the validity of SAT test as boys need to service NS.

Did your girl take SAT? She is taking A level now right? What is her area of interest? :smile:

Song22
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

PreviousNext

Return to Newbies & Clubs

Find Tuition/Enrichment Centres