Mummy eyeosh: hello to all!

Newbies report here first! And if you feel like you would like your own club, come and create one yourself too.

Mummy eyeosh: hello to all!

Postby eyeosh » Sat May 16, 2009 12:57 pm

Hi all

Was stressfully introduced to the life of a pre-P1 child after attending a pre-PV selection meeting at Kong Hwa School this morning. So came home and googled for support groups and found this forum. DIE DIE must join :lol:

I am a working mom to a 5 year old boy.

Hope to share in this forum.

God bless!

eyeosh
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Re: Mummy eyeosh: hello to all!

Postby ChiefKiasu » Sun May 17, 2009 12:18 am

eyeosh wrote:...Was stressfully introduced to the life of a pre-P1 child after attending a pre-PV selection meeting at Kong Hwa School this morning. So came home and googled for support groups and found this forum. DIE DIE must join :lol: ...

Welcome to KiasuParents.com, eyeosh! Didn't realize that there was a PV selection meeting for Kong Hwa today... was it a group briefing or an interview? I was just happy my son don't need to wake up early for his Saturday enrichment classes for the next 6 weeks :)

ChiefKiasu
Site Admin

Postby Luvkid » Sun May 17, 2009 12:21 am

eyeosh wrote:Hi all

Was stressfully introduced to the life of a pre-P1 child after attending a pre-PV selection meeting at Kong Hwa School this morning. So came home and googled for support groups and found this forum. DIE DIE must join :lol:

I am a working mom to a 5 year old boy.

Hope to share in this forum.

God bless!

Haha, another stress mummy. Don't worry, we feel stress because we are kS. Guess u will be reading on Primary School Registration & Preparation. Enjoy this forum as much as i am enjoying.

:welcome: to KSP. :wink:

Luvkid
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby eyeosh » Sun May 17, 2009 3:19 pm

Hi chief

Ya, saw a few sleepy faces in the general office asking the clerk where the enrichment classes were held. Bet your son must be happy that he is spared from it.

Apparently this is the first year the school meet the parents before they select the PVs, hoping to have a better fit between their needs and what the parents can offer.

It was a half hour meeting between the Principal, 2 other ladies (they did not intro themselves) and about 6 sets of parents. We had to introduce ourselves based on our profession and what we can do to help the school (while the 3 took down notes). Then proceeded with Q&A before the next session of parents took over.

I have not attended an interview for years and this was truly stressful. Parents were aggressively selling themselves. At the end of it, hubs told me that if we are not selected for PV, we can forget about sending our son to KW. At that moment, I felt like :cry: . See lah, and this is just the beginnning!

eyeosh
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Postby eyeosh » Sun May 17, 2009 3:25 pm

Hi Luvkid

Thanks for your comforting words. I guess the stress is bearable now that I have support from like minded friends in this forum like you! :D

Yes, I will be starting to prepare myself, hubs and son for the unthinkably stressful world of P1. Haha!

Cheers!

eyeosh
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Return to Newbies & Clubs