wwcookie: Hello! (And about Logicmills)

Newbies report here first! And if you feel like you would like your own club, come and create one yourself too.

wwcookie: Hello! (And about Logicmills)

Postby wwcookie » Fri Jun 06, 2008 1:57 pm

Hi mommies and daddies!

I have a P1 boy and living in the west coast area. My goal in life is to seek out interesting enrichment for my boy esp during the long school hols. :lol: I chanced upon this forum while surfing for feedback on Mindchamps.
Looking forward to trading tips with you guys :wink:

wwcookie
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Re: Hello!

Postby ChiefKiasu » Fri Jun 06, 2008 2:06 pm

Hi wwcookie,

Welcome! My boy has about 6 lessons left for his MindChamps course. Will let you know further what I think after that course.

ChiefKiasu
Site Admin

Postby wwcookie » Fri Jun 06, 2008 2:22 pm

Really? How long has he been on the course? How old is he? Actually, my friend asked me to compare Mindchamps with Logicmills. We just sent our kids to their (Logicmills) free games day last week and were very impressed with them. Our kids had a really enjoyable time there :)

wwcookie
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Postby ChiefKiasu » Fri Jun 06, 2008 2:56 pm

wwcookie wrote:Really? How long has he been on the course? How old is he? Actually, my friend asked me to compare Mindchamps with Logicmills. We just sent our kids to their (Logicmills) free games day last week and were very impressed with them. Our kids had a really enjoyable time there :)

My son is 9 years old in P3. They are both similar in their claim to teach kids how to LEARN effectively, with MindChamps taking a more academic and confidence-building slant and LogicMills a more analytical thinking approach. Neither appear willing to provide more information about their methods until you sign up. When this happens, you know they are using easy to assimilate techniques that, once known, is easy for others to replicate.

Did Logicmills tell you specifically about their teaching techniques?

ChiefKiasu
Site Admin

Postby wwcookie » Fri Jun 06, 2008 4:35 pm

They basically espouse 'thinking out of the box' using games. They have free trial lessons and holiday programs though so can go for these to get a feel of what they actually do. Mostly importantly, my boy thoroughly enjoyed their session and wanted to go there again :lol:

wwcookie
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Return to Newbies & Clubs