Should I send my 4year old girl to enrichment class?

Newbies report here first! And if you feel like you would like your own club, come and create one yourself too.

Should I send my 4year old girl to enrichment class?

Postby Cinderelly » Sat Feb 18, 2012 10:21 pm

Hi all, I'm new here. And hope to get some advise here?

My elder girl is 4and she is in N2. I decided to send her to berries to learn Chinese and now in dilemma whether to send her to English enrichment class as well? Been considering to send her to I can read or kumon? I can read is pretty ex. Anyone have other alternative?

Cinderelly
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Re: Should I send my 4year old girl to enrichment class?

Postby Donnie » Sat Feb 18, 2012 11:04 pm

how about reading it with your child? It saves $ and at the same time can build bond with your child.

Hope it helps.

Donnie
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Postby iLoveChubby » Sat Feb 18, 2012 11:25 pm

I agree with Donnie - nothing beats the special bonding time of reading together with your DD by exposing her to different kinds of storybooks. Let her develop the love of reading which will then assist her in her learning of the language in her growing years.

If you are still int in English enrichment classes, you may wish to start with phonics class (can send her only after she is familiar with all the letter sounds) eg montessori phonics class, which i personally thk its a good start for kids of her age or you may wish to consider the sought-after icreativelearner (shd be cheaper than Icanread).
You can read abt the comments abt all these language classes under the LANGUAGE threads.

iLoveChubby
BlackBelt
BlackBelt

Postby daddy2007 » Sun Feb 19, 2012 10:58 pm

Donnie wrote:how about reading it with your child? It saves $ and at the same time can build bond with your child.

ya.. I can't agree for more.

Reading with the child at young age is a good method for them to learn english & chinese language. Save $ and still can bond with the child. Depend on the interest (e.g type of books, ways of reading, method of delivery) we can tweak accordingly to develop the child's love of reading.

Now it is become a routine that my child wants to do reading (together) before going to bed.

daddy2007
BlackBelt
BlackBelt

Postby BlurBee » Mon Feb 20, 2012 10:58 am

:welcome:

BlurBee
Councillor
Councillor

Postby qms » Tue Feb 21, 2012 1:04 pm

qms
ClassMonitor
ClassMonitor

Postby KSP » Tue Feb 21, 2012 5:06 pm

KSP :welcome: you to KSP

KSP
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby LKVM » Mon Feb 27, 2012 12:02 pm

Welcome to KSP

LKVM
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby huanghou » Mon Feb 27, 2012 12:20 pm

Welcome to ksp and IMO why not as long as she enjoys it. But that does not replace spending time reading and imparting life skills to her as a parent.

huanghou
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby Love@Depot » Mon Nov 05, 2012 2:36 pm

Hi all,
my child is coming to 4yo this Dec. Currently for enrichment :- she's w Shichida(Spingleaf, 1 year), Berries(>1/2yr), Christofori(>1/2 yr).

Tot of withdraw her from Shichida as recently they've changed a teacher which we(5 mummies from d same class) tik tat she's not connected(eyes always blink / closed), not as caring as the previous and inexperienced in teaching d class(even I flip the flashcards faster them her !). One of the mummies ever wrote to Shichida request to change teachers with all other mummies consents, but ended up nothing has been done. Furthermore, tik the Mgt told the teacher abt it and d teacher even say out bluntly after the class tat anything can feedback to her directly ... All of us so disappointed with them/ their style of handling parent's feedback !!

Any other recmd for enrichment class on mental arithmetic or phonics or other areas for a 4yo child ? TIA !!

Love@Depot
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Return to Newbies & Clubs