Mummy mummytofengkai: HI everyone

Newbies report here first! And if you feel like you would like your own club, come and create one yourself too.

Mummy mummytofengkai: HI everyone

Postby mummytofengkai » Sat Jun 07, 2008 4:35 pm

I m a mother of two active boys. One is in P2 this yr and the other is 3+. As a pri school teacher myself, i do have difficulty teaching my own kids... esp the elder one.

Well they said a teacher does not necessary able to teach their kids at times. No excuses and i m aways looking for new ideas n ways to get thru to them....

mummytofengkai
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Re: HI everyone

Postby ChiefKiasu » Sat Jun 07, 2008 8:07 pm

mummytofengkai wrote:I m a mother of two active boys. One is in P2 this yr and the other is 3+. As a pri school teacher myself, i do have difficulty teaching my own kids... esp the elder one.

Well they said a teacher does not necessary able to teach their kids at times. No excuses and i m aways looking for new ideas n ways to get thru to them....

Hi mummytofengkai! Welcome! Good to see actual pri school teachers coming on board to help sort out our parental confusion :). I myself am still looking for ways to reach out to my elder son. I think the greater the expectation we have on our children, the more frustration we will have in teaching them. The sooner we manage our expectations and accept that they are still children... and OUR very own children to be exact... the lesser the stress will be on everybody. As jedamum said some months back, we have to start managing and controlling ourselves first before we try to manage our kids. It's easier said than done... but as long as we continue to make a conscious effort to be better parents and models for our children, I'm confident they will respond in time.

ChiefKiasu
Site Admin

Return to Newbies & Clubs