Mummy nathanethanmommy: Hello everyone!!

Newbies report here first! And if you feel like you would like your own club, come and create one yourself too.

Mummy nathanethanmommy: Hello everyone!!

Postby poppiesinthecorn » Wed May 20, 2009 4:23 pm

I am so happy I finally registered! I have been a silent watcher/reader for a few months and have benefitted so much from the input!

Well, a little of where I came from...Prior to this, I happen to belong to an online community that gabs about designer handbags. More specifically, I hang out in the forum where we discuss ad nauseum all things CHANEL. My husband was beginning to think that I was obsessed... :scared: I think I have found my equilibrium in recent months, with 2 little boys growing faster than I can cope, I HAD to do something to find out more about registering Nathan for Primary one before it is too late!! That was how I chanced upon this website.

I hold a full-time job with my hubby and we are helping our parents run a family business. The long hours are a little tiring but I have committed myself in doing some learning with my son after dinner everyday. I am happy to see him improving. He attends childcare (N2) everyday and weekends for an hour of enrichment in Eng and Mandarin. Sometimes I wonder if I am pushing him too hard... :cry: But the worst fear I have as a mother is not doing what I can while I can in helping them achieve their potential.

Anyway, thanks for listening to my rant and I hope to eventually be a positive contribution to this fantastic place!

poppiesinthecorn
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Re: Mummy nathanethanmommy: Hello everyone!!

Postby ChiefKiasu » Wed May 20, 2009 10:30 pm

nathanethanmommy wrote:I am so happy I finally registered! I have been a silent watcher/reader for a few months and have benefitted so much from the input! ...

Dear nathanethanmommy, welcome to KiasuParents.com! Thanks for your glowing compliments... and that should be given to all members of KiasuParents.com for they are the ones that have made the contributions to build up our knowledge-base to the point that we are now.

Anyway, we're happy to wean you from your Channel-fetish... you get to save lots more money that way :) . But no need to get carried away trying to push your children to go for every possible enrichment course to fill their every waking moment... at their age, it is best to teach them how to enjoy the learning process, and the best way to do that is to let them have free play on their own. You're already doing fine right now.

ChiefKiasu
Site Admin

Postby poppiesinthecorn » Thu May 21, 2009 10:29 am

Hi Chief, thank you for posting! "Weaning" is a very nice way of putting it...lol. I think am having a withdrawal...sigh...
:(
I shudder to think that a child at 3 has to attend school everyday. If given an option, I would prefer the kindy hours but this is not an option as our parents are unable to commit to taking care of him after school on a daily basis. The existing childcare he's in focuses very much on character development and discipline (which I like very much) so we decided to supplement the academic aspect with an enrichment class on Sat and a Mandarin class on Sunday. Now that we will be enrolling him at Cherie Hearts, I would like to explore the option of dropping the Sat class.

Does anyone know where about in Singapore is a great place for fishing/catching crabs...somewhere to let the children to have some boyish fun?

poppiesinthecorn
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Return to Newbies & Clubs