Mummy baligirl reporting

Newbies report here first! And if you feel like you would like your own club, come and create one yourself too.

Mummy baligirl reporting

Postby baligirl » Mon May 25, 2009 8:57 pm

Hi all,

I am a working mummy with a gal (2003) who's registering for P1 this year. :D

She's diagnosed with mild asd when she's 2.5 years old when her childcare centre principal noticed that she's not verbal and no eye-contact. I worked part-time for 2 years and attended early intervention classes twice weekly with her till she's 4.

She's now very active and talkative but still having issues with her social skills.

Chanced upon this website when I was searching online for information on primary schools. :D

baligirl
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby ChiefKiasu » Mon May 25, 2009 10:03 pm

Welcome baligirl! I think you are a very brave and supportive mommy by dealing with the problem head-on. Do share your experiences and let us know how we can help out too.

ChiefKiasu
Site Admin

Postby baligirl » Tue May 26, 2009 12:28 am

Hi ChiefKiasu,

Thanks. :D

baligirl
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Re: Mummy baligirl reporting

Postby baligirl » Tue May 29, 2012 1:28 am

Contemplating whether to introduce myself again, but decided to...so here goes:

I am a PTWM in a govt. statutory board and my daughter is in P3 this year (mainstream). She was diagnosed with mild autism when she’s 2.5 years old. Her IEP at ACC(Simei) lasted around 2 years (Sep 06 to Mar 08) and we stopped it when ACC was unable to pair her with a peer of her level (for social skills). She switched from PAP K1 to Multiple Intelligence curriculum at a fulltime childcare centre and managed to blend in with minimum issues. To—date, she has gone without any IEP or therapies since March 2008.

She’s coping well with her academics as we managed to find an EMS tutor who’s currently teaching in APSN. I had her exempted from Mother Tongue early this year as she could not master Chinese, even with the help of a tutor for the past 2 years. We decided to relieve her of the stress and let her learn at her own pace.

A couple of parents and I had initiated and setup the parent support group in my daughter’s school in mid 2010, and it was officially launched early last year, Jan 2011. Now, I am in the midst of setting up another parent support group in Bukit Panjang, with another group of like-minded parents. :smile:

Hope this intro is sufficient. :lol:

baligirl
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby KSP » Fri Jun 29, 2012 12:06 pm

KSP :welcome: you to KSP

KSP
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby baligirl » Fri Jun 29, 2012 12:48 pm

KSP wrote:KSP :welcome: you to KSP

Thank you :smile:

baligirl
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby Blessedwife » Fri Jun 29, 2012 2:15 pm

baligirl wrote:Contemplating whether to introduce myself again, but decided to...so here goes:

I am a PTWM in a govt. statutory board and my daughter is in P3 this year (mainstream). She was diagnosed with mild autism when she’s 2.5 years old. Her IEP at ACC(Simei) lasted around 2 years (Sep 06 to Mar 08) and we stopped it when ACC was unable to pair her with a peer of her level (for social skills). She switched from PAP K1 to Multiple Intelligence curriculum at a fulltime childcare centre and managed to blend in with minimum issues. To—date, she has gone without any IEP or therapies since March 2008.

She’s coping well with her academics as we managed to find an EMS tutor who’s currently teaching in APSN. I had her exempted from Mother Tongue early this year as she could not master Chinese, even with the help of a tutor for the past 2 years. We decided to relieve her of the stress and let her learn at her own pace.

A couple of parents and I had initiated and setup the parent support group in my daughter’s school in mid 2010, and it was officially launched early last year, Jan 2011. Now, I am in the midst of setting up another parent support group in Bukit Panjang, with another group of like-minded parents. :smile:

Hope this intro is sufficient. :lol:

Hello baligirl,

You are a brave mummy :smile:

Your girl is very lucky to have such a caring and brave mother :hugs:

Blessedwife
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby baligirl » Fri Jun 29, 2012 3:49 pm

Hi Blessedwife, thank you for your encouragement. :smile:

We are all doing what we can for our kids and hope it's to their best interests. :xedfingers:

baligirl
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby kids_r_innocent » Sun Jul 01, 2012 12:24 am

:welcome:

:ugogirl:

kids_r_innocent
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby baligirl » Mon Jul 02, 2012 11:55 am