Value of Education

Newbies report here first! And if you feel like you would like your own club, come and create one yourself too.

Value of Education

Postby lorry.u » Thu May 31, 2012 12:35 pm

Nowadays, kids go to school wasting their time rather than learning something new from school. I have heard quite a number of parents reported that some school teachers are not teaching but just being the assignment giving machine. When kids are not clear about the lesson, these teachers will answer, " please ask your tuition teacher." Isn't it sound familiar to you?

Sadly, good CCA teachers are always the sources of nurturing their personality and also always be there for the school kids by not being calculative on their tiny hourly rate.

Here is the interesting phenomenon:
Those who want to teach and share with our next generation is not well treated. However, those who just care about their iron-bowl-salary are creating obstacles to these group of enthusiasts who want to help our next generation.

I guess most of the Singaporeans have kids, even those who work for the iron-bowl. All parents would like to give the best to their kids. Why can't we all work the best we can to our children and others' children?
In chinese, 「已所不欲,勿施於人」. Please kindly help others' kids which eventually will help our very own beloved children.

Lorry
Music Educator
Last edited by lorry.u on Thu May 31, 2012 10:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

lorry.u
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Re: Value of Music Education

Postby Lynn2010 » Thu May 31, 2012 12:52 pm

Very true
I remember some years ago my dd school teacher phone me to say that dd MT is very poor. What am i doing about it? Did i get a private tutor for her? I was too shock to answer her questions.

Lynn2010
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Postby lorry.u » Thu May 31, 2012 2:10 pm

Hi Lynn,
This is a sad fact. But not only in the music scene. In general subject as well.
We can't do much on it unless there is a change from the top to the bottom.

Meanwhile, if you are fortunate enough to have extra cash, please kindly approach a private tutor. I guess it will be more efficient and earn more time for your kids to do other activities.
Rather than finishing up the exam past papers from "better" school, more life experience would help the kids adapting to the society.

A good answering machine can't make a better human. :)

lorry.u
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Postby Dawnie » Thu May 31, 2012 2:41 pm

I have friends/relatives who asked me why my boy who is in K1 doesn't have much homework, no spelling etc. And why I send my boy to a church kindergarten where he don't learn much. I don't see anything wrong with that. The school that he is in focus on learn through play and character building. The kids there are happy, there is hardly any turnover for the teachers and my boy looks forward to school everyday. I think the most important is to let my boy enjoy the learning process. But I'm worried that he may not get to enjoy once he enters Primary School.

Dawnie
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Re: Value of Education

Postby KSP » Fri Jun 29, 2012 12:05 pm

KSP :welcome: you to KSP

KSP
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Return to Newbies & Clubs