Mummy Madeira - Hello Everyone! :)

Newbies report here first! And if you feel like you would like your own club, come and create one yourself too.

Mummy Madeira - Hello Everyone! :)

Postby madeira » Fri Jun 12, 2009 2:07 pm

Hi Hi

Im a new mummy joining this site. I have 2 kids, the elder one is a gal, coming 3 yrs old. The second one is a boy, will be turning 1 next month :D

I love this site, coz it provides lotsa of useful information for parents like me. I like the P1 registration portion, gosh so stressful! hahaha

Thank you for setting up this wonderful site! :celebrate:

madeira
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Postby RRMummy » Fri Jun 12, 2009 2:33 pm

hi madeira, :welcome: to KSP

We have 2 things in common.. my DD2 is 3yo and :lovesite: too..

madeira wrote:I like the P1 registration portion, gosh so stressful! hahaha

Err but.. but.... you mean you like the stress??! :!:

RRMummy
Councillor
Councillor

Postby madeira » Fri Jun 12, 2009 2:42 pm

Hi RRMummy

Thanks for the welcome :D

Hahaha, I mean I like to read the P1 registration thingy. From there, I really learnt alot of things. Very useful! :rahrah:

Btw RRMummy, when should we register ourselves as PV if our kids are due for enrolment in 2013?

I know im being very KS to ask this question now :wink:

madeira
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Postby RRMummy » Fri Jun 12, 2009 2:49 pm

hehe.. we are all kiasu that's why we are here.. :wink:

Some schools accept earlier than others.. it is better for you to call up the school to check 2 years before the year of entering school.. so meaning 2011.. some close their PV 1 - 1.5 years before the registration year...

better to play safe than be sorry.. like me.. then again, this is now.. maybe later on even earlier.. :shock:

keep yourself up to date here.. :wink:

RRMummy
Councillor
Councillor

Postby madeira » Fri Jun 12, 2009 2:58 pm

I'm actually aiming at St Anthony's primary, coz i stay within 1km of this school. I thought of calling them in 2010 to check but i dunno they will entertain me anot, hahaha

Actually I got no other choice also, coz this is the only school that is within 1km from my house. Besides competiting with RC members and PV for Phase 2B, I still have to compete with those from the church as well. I think chances are very slim for me :cry:

madeira
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Postby RRMummy » Fri Jun 12, 2009 3:09 pm

Based on the records for the past 3 years, Phase 2B and with 1km don't need to ballot.. so that's a promising sign.. but definitely must get yourself into Phase 2B, otherwise chances are quite slim...

No harm calling them, at the very most they tell you too early, then ask them when is it a good time to call.. :wink:

RRMummy
Councillor
Councillor

Postby madeira » Fri Jun 12, 2009 3:19 pm

RRMummy, thanks alot for the advise :D

Yes, i will try my best to make it to Phase 2B. If the school dun want me as PV, then i will join as RC member :lol:

Btw, are you enrolling ur DD2 in the same school as the elder one? :D

madeira
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Postby RRMummy » Fri Jun 12, 2009 3:46 pm

madeira wrote:Yes, i will try my best to make it to Phase 2B. If the school dun want me as PV, then i will join as RC member :lol:

Good plan! 8)

madeira wrote:Btw, are you enrolling ur DD2 in the same school as the elder one? :D

That's the intention at the moment.. but now gotta worry about getting DD1 (5yo) a place first.. :wink:

RRMummy
Councillor
Councillor

Postby jedamum » Fri Jun 12, 2009 5:04 pm

madeira wrote:I'm actually aiming at St Anthony's primary, coz i stay within 1km of this school. I thought of calling them in 2010 to check but i dunno they will entertain me anot, hahaha

Hi madeira,

you stay at madeira condo?? :wink:

Do call them, they do entertain enquiries on PV, the issue will be if they will accept given that they have a strong PSG; cross our fingers that they don't go Princess E's way of only allowing existing parents to be in the PSG.

Some one had already enquired from the school and was told to call back again - you can check the Bukit Batok Schools thread.

Given it is also a christian schools, i was wondering if i should be worried of different treatment (be it unintentional or intentional) to non-christian students.

welcome to KSP 8)

jedamum
Councillor
Councillor

Postby madeira » Fri Jun 12, 2009 6:58 pm

Hi jedamum

Haha, im not staying at The Madeira but im actuali looking for a unit there. Currently, im staying at the block of flats diagonally opp the driving centre :D

Ya, i also read that they dun accept new PVs, that got me very worried indeed. If the PV path is closed, i guess the other way is to join their catholic church or become a RC member. More time and committment is needed and I dun noe how long i can tahan

very stressed hor, when comes to this P1 registration. If suay suay cannot get into St Anthony, then i will most prob enrol my DD in a Bukit Panjang school liao........

madeira
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Next

Return to Newbies & Clubs